• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Breakfast+Cat Food= Silver Quarter

diggin4clad

Elite Member
Sue and I went out for breakfast and on the way home Sue asked to stop off at the supermarket to pick up some cat food. Of course that gave me an excuse to check the Coinstar machine and it was my lucky day because there was a clad dime and a 1963 silver Washington quarter in the tray.....silver #5 for the month.:dingding:

Attachments

• Image (13).jpg
    Image (13).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 346
  • Image (38).jpg
    Image (38).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 337
Nice going on the silver quarter ! My last haul was a nickel , three pennies , a washer
and an IDX token . I haven't had much luck in a while now but I will never give up
my "Poor man's Las Vegas " game .

Nice score! My wife gets so embarrassed when I stop to check the Coinstar. She says it makes me look homeless. Glad neither me nor my silver care about her opinion!

This year is starting off good for you. Be sure to buy the smallest amount of cat food possible, so you have more excuses...but if you get another cat for this reason, it means you have a problem. :lol:

Congrats on the no-dig silver! Especially if the ground is frozen.
Thanks...and yes, the ground is frozen:mad:

Nice going on the silver quarter ! My last haul was a nickel , three pennies , a washer
and an IDX token . I haven't had much luck in a while now but I will never give up
my "Poor man's Las Vegas " game .
Thanks, I like the "poor man's Las Vegas" description.

Very nice!!!
Thanks....

Nice score! My wife gets so embarrassed when I stop to check the Coinstar. She says it makes me look homeless. Glad neither me nor my silver care about her opinion!
Thanks....my girlfriend used to think I was a little weird for checking those machines but now she checks them too !

Congrats on the CS silver! :woot: 5 already, :wow2:
i'll bet that these five silvers will be more than I dig this year:roll:

This year is starting off good for you. Be sure to buy the smallest amount of cat food possible, so you have more excuses...but if you get another cat for this reason, it means you have a problem. :lol:
I think that maybe I'll tell Sue that from now on, I'll be the one to go for cat food.....I'm even starting to like the cat:laughing:

:shock::shock::shock: Keep it up D4C!!! My mind has been totally blown at the rate you are picking silver from coinstars!!! Congrats, and don't slow down!!!

Okay, so what's the secret ?? I just went to my local store for some items before the snow arrives tonight. I also bought cat food and other things. I checked the coin star, NADA !! My area is a tough one for coins left in the coin stars because a lot of people get coin rolls from the bank and check them all. I guess I have to move up to your area !! Keep the silver stretch going. My ground is frozen too.

Okay, so what's the secret ?? I just went to my local store for some items before the snow arrives tonight. I also bought cat food and other things. I checked the coin star, NADA !! My area is a tough one for coins left in the coin stars because a lot of people get coin rolls from the bank and check them all. I guess I have to move up to your area !! Keep the silver stretch going. My ground is frozen too.
I can't tell you my secret until my book gets published:laughing:

I just don’t understand. All I ever find is lint!
Lint? Are you sure you're checking Coinstar machines and not dryers at a laundromat?:laughing:

Thanks...

Fancy Feast Tuna on toast!...With a little mayo and dill pickles and sliced olives? Yum! Yum!... I'm saving myself a fortune on the canned Starkist markup!!

The Wife has commented on my creative cooking......"Damn! this Tuna dont taste like it used to"?

I responded, "Yeah, I guess its the Fukushima and dolphin safe parameters nowadays..I notice the difference myself...try giving it a squirt of hot sauce from these plastic packets I got for free from the Taco Bell condiment counter" It aint bad then...like some sort of Loosiana Cajun Gumbo half digested alligator crab trap barf"

Cat food is an acquired taste...A guy can live on it though, cats are extremely picky, not at all like a dog! A dog will eat damn near anything! Even the rear end outta a road killed administrating skunk!

If you want really good seafood, you gotta go with the top shelf ramen noodle shrimp packs from the Dollar store, and spruce it up by stopping by the bait store on the way home, and pick up the dead minnows for a sparkling garnish!..Quick stoop and grab a handful of dandelion leaves outta the yard on your way in, and its like Top shelf Tokyo sushimi for $150 per plate!!

Oh, and the free Hot sauce packets from the Taco Bell condiment tray..and the free napkins, maybe if you are feeling really creative, stop by the Arbys for some free packets of Horsey Sauce? Grab another riff of napkins there too.... you will need them...

That one year, the Wife said, "This Butterball turkey you picked up for Thanksgiving dont taste like it used to" I'm like, "I agree!! Just like the Man has been fooling us with the Fukushima Tuna! Or it could be some stank from this new microwave oven I picked up from the curbside goodwill?":laughing:.."Maybe its the Monsanto GMO string beans"? "Hit it with a squirt from this plastic pack of Guldens Mustard I got from Culvers condiment tray!:laughing:

You never want to be eating dog food! As much as I like and appreciate dogs, they just have no sense of palate or gastronomical balance sensitivities...dogs are like Waffle House clientele, they like gobbling up no telling what as long as its 'slathered covered and smothered'..'Hot fast and cheap!'..

Cats are more like the Sunday Morning after church Cracker Barrel folks...dinking around for hours trying to decide what to eat and then making a big deal out of what to order and what colored bib to wear, Leaving about no tip at all...then slowly going through the gift shop for rootbeer sticks and beanie babies...then sitting around on the front porch in a free rocker...thats cats...

I'm a dog thats married to a cat, so I know...

I absolutely love the Waffle House! I walk in and a nubile winsome lass notices me! She hollers out, 'Welcome! Heres a cup of coffee!" Ya know whatcha wanna eat? I'm like, "Hell yeah I do! Gimmee the ass end out of a roadkilled administrating skunk platter, rare, scattered covered and smothered, and a danged old 24 oz gravy to drink ...and slide me over an ashtray when you get the chance Darling!!!:laughing:

I dont get this kind of royal treatment at home! Its all like, "These apples you brought home dont taste like they should", and things like this...I'm like hey..It aint my fault! its the Monsanto! Can you make me a pie or not?"

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 114
  • turkey2.jpg
    turkey2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 111
  • turkey5.jpg
    turkey5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 122
  • oct 23-17-1.jpg
    oct 23-17-1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Congrats on the silver!
Thanks....

Fancy Feast Tuna on toast!...With a little mayo and dill pickles and sliced olives? Yum! Yum!... I'm saving myself a fortune on the canned Starkist markup!!

The Wife has commented on my creative cooking......"Damn! this Tuna dont taste like it used to"?

I responded, "Yeah, I guess its the Fukushima and dolphin safe parameters nowadays..I notice the difference myself...try giving it a squirt of hot sauce from these plastic packets I got for free from the Taco Bell condiment counter" It aint bad then...like some sort of Loosiana Cajun Gumbo half digested alligator crab trap barf"

Cat food is an acquired taste...A guy can live on it though, cats are extremely picky, not at all like a dog! A dog will eat damn near anything! Even the rear end outta a road killed administrating skunk!

If you want really good seafood, you gotta go with the top shelf ramen noodle shrimp packs from the Dollar store, and spruce it up by stopping by the bait store on the way home, and pick up the dead minnows for a sparkling garnish!..Quick stoop and grab a handful of dandelion leaves outta the yard on your way in, and its like Top shelf Tokyo $150 per plate!!

Oh, and the free Hot sauce packets from the Taco Bell condiment tray..and the free napkins, maybe if you are feeling really creative, stop by the Arbys for some free packets of Horsey Sauce? Grab another riff of napkins there too.... you will need them...

That one year, the Wife said, "This Butterball turkey you picked up for Thanksgiving dont taste like it used to" I'm like, "I agree!! Just like the Man has been fooling us with the Fukushima Tuna! Or it could be some stank from this new microwave oven I picked up from the curbside goodwill?":laughing:.."Maybe its the Monsanto GMO string beans"? "Hit it with a squirt from this plastic pack of Guldens Mustard I got from Culvers condiment tray!:laughing:

You never want to be eating dog food! As much as I like and appreciate dogs, they just have no sense of palate or gastronomical balance sensitivities...dogs are like Waffle House clientele, they like gobbling up no telling what as long as its 'slathered covered and smothered'..'Hot fast and cheap!'..

Cats are more like the Sunday Morning after church Cracker Barrel folks...dinking around for hours trying to decide what to eat and then making a big deal out of what to order and what colored bib to wear, Leaving about no tip at all...then slowly going through the gift shop for rootbeer sticks and beanie babies...then sitting around on the front porch in a free rocker...thats cats...

I'm a dog thats married to a cat, so I know...

I absolutely love the Waffle House! I walk in and nubile winsome lasses holler out, 'Welcome! Heres a cup of coffee!" Ya know whatcha wanna eat? I'm like, "Hell yeah I do! Gimmee the ass end out of a roadkilled administrating skunk platter, rare, scattered covered and smothered, and a danged old 24 oz gravy to drink ...and slide me over an ashtray when you get the chance Darling!!!:laughing:

I dont get this kind of royal treatment at home! Its all like, "This hamburger dont taste like it should", and things like this...
Pheeewwww……….it took three cups of Joe to get through this and when I went to the cupboard to get the coffee I realized I was out of ketchup packets !!!! Excuse me while I run down to the local Wendy's to grab a few.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom