My oldest relic...almost a clovis

Yes I have found several like that. I found one point up north that looked like a San Patrice. Stumped the experts on the artifact forum I used to frequent. Arrowheads sure are fun to find!! An expert I know who used to write for Indian Artifact Magazine suggested there was a lot more trading going on than what others believed. I also think about the people making these points. I think there was a lot of variation in points based on maker, maker’s age and skill leve (kid vs adult), etc. just my thoughts!

I agree with that.. I think that trading had many levels..trading your trades essentially..and yes the individuals skill and preference certainly played a factor in design and materials..no doubt hunting artifacts is definitely addicting...and you can double down and swing your detector..it's a win win..

That's an awesome, while I've never actually hunted for them, being an outdoors guy all my life you'd almost think I'd stumble over one.

That's an awesome, while I've never actually hunted for them, being an outdoors guy all my life you'd almost think I'd stumble over one.

Ya gotta be a klutz like me.. always looking down so you don't trip over your two left feet..then you start to find them...plus..lots of times only a tiny piece is exposed..easy to miss even when searching.. thanks

Back
Top Bottom