Saturday Sword sunrise...slick Seated silver

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Back out early in the morning mist to hunt the section of beach that gave up the Barber Half and some other silvers yesterday...one tide cycle and the sand is already moving back in:( found just a single silver
this time......everything...$2.19 clad, scrap, couple keys, 7 wheats, ...WW I collar disc, Indian, silver... the reverse is wiped, but flip it over and silver #103 is a 1880's Seated Dime... It was getting windy, making waves as the incoming water chased me off the slope...maybe this tide cycle will move the sand around again. That's it for this outing so thanks for the looks, see you after the next and Happy Hunting!

Sweet silver sounds are stirrin' my soul.

Five to go. No more, no less!

R5

Great hunt! Congrats on silver #103! The WWI collar disk is neat, too. :grin:

Just to change the subject a tad...... Jam, i noticed your marble count. I used to do old home sites in fields. I was surprised how many of those old clay marbles i found.

Sweet silver count.... you just using the Xcal on the beach? You think its deeper than your FBS for wet sand hunting on silver?

Dew...the last time I used one of the Explorers on the beach was the end of September. Didn't hunt for about a month, then I dusted off a Sword and haven't put it down...or gone dirt hunting for the last 7 weeks:lol: For the deepest silver on the wet sand slopes here, using discrimination, the edge goes to the Explorer...but the setup is critical and running it is mentally taxing...the threshold and tones just don't have the smoother flow like with a Excal or Sovereign. In all metal/pinpoint though, BBS is deeper.

Bruce

Just wondering , what's motivating you to get out of bed before the sun come's up to hunt :?: Good job on the breaking the 100 mark for the year :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom