Two More Half Dollars Found At My 1890's Honey Hole Park In The Semi Frozen Ground :)

HistoryFinder89

Elite Member
Hey Everyone, this will be my final weekend hunting for the foreseeable future. It was done last weekend in the very cold temperatures. The ground was freezing as I was digging it. I can just imagine how hard it is now. This weekend there will be a big snowstorm covering up Everyone in this part of the state with brutally cold wind chills. So I rechecked an area in an 1895 park, that had half dollars scattered throughout this grove area. I found three silver half dollars the weekend before last, and then this past weekend I dug two more in the same grove to make a total of five from this grove. I was very very cold, but I was glad I could finish up that area before the big snowstorm puts us out of action for good. I also found a Barber dime in this area too. The two quarters came from another spot in this park not too far away. I also dug an old rusty piece that could be related to maybe the War of 1812? Now I believe I have covered the whole place with my E-trac, and it couldn't have came at a better time, because now with the poor weather conditions, I can research new areas. Well, thanks for looking, stay warm, be safe, and HH Everyone! :)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 601
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 588
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 600
  • 2222.jpg
    2222.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 589
  • 22222.jpg
    22222.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 588
  • 222222.jpg
    222222.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 556
You beat the claws of Winter Ron with some fantastic recoveries. Congrats on the Halves, the Quarters , the Barber and all the rest. I hope you get a very early Spring so you can get back out again. Trapper

Has anyone but you ever detected that place? Wow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta be a virgin park omg. Congratulations of double big big silver!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great hunt , wow i am stoked!!! congrats , hope you hit that area again in the spring, theres no telling what else might pop out!!!!!

Hey, no fair! "a few halves there, a couple more here"...what gives? GWs are your small silvers now? Like Tom-in-CA says: sick, sick, sick!
Great post, finder! Love the dirt rim shots!

great finds

great finds. You guys up in the winter land of white have what it takes to hunt in the cold. 43 degrees and overcast here in Atlanta 2 days ago and I thought it was getting too cold to hunt.

that Etrac is performing for you. Makes me wonder sometime about my nox 800 purchase. But of course with the total lack of old parks to hunt in Atlanta, the detector model probably does not matter. In north Atlanta oldest parks are late 1970's because it was all farm land before that. The old parks of Atlanta are in the poor areas of town where the drug dealers and pimps rule so only fool would take a $900 metal detector in that area. Maybe a metal detector with an Uzi bolted to it and about five 32 round magazines.

Super finds. Great way to end a season and do some warm research with a nice warm drink looking out the window at the cold.

A big attaboy on the big silver HF. Looks like another great hunt. I swear you must be the only detector in your area.lol Glad to see you got out before mother nature unleashes her fury. Stay warm up there. Mark

Back
Top Bottom