Real or fake diamonds

metaladdict

Elite Member
I got my check from ARA I guess my gold wasnt much. They sent me back the tiny jewels,the frosted ones shattered when I crushed them in a spoon so they were glass. The other ones in a different bag wouldnt crush,they dented the stainless spoons so they must be diamonds or CZ? I wish they would have given me cash for them but I guess they are too small?

I heard they will bid on your real stones if you ask....don't know for sure. You may want to ask Nicki at ARA.......

Dusty

As I understand it, CZs will frost in the acid baths they use, diamonds will not.

I think this info is on their website.

Eli

PS, the little stones make great eyes for little carved mice!

If you request A bid on your stones they will give you one. If it is adequate they will send you A check. If not they will return your stones. This is according to a flyer I received with my recent check.
Keith

Ok what is ARA? Is it a refinery that the everyday joe could send their scrap to be melted and bought by this company?

I read their site information but never seen anything about how much or little you could send them.Does any one have an idea?

I read their site information but never seen anything about how much or little you could send them.Does any one have an idea?

Never had problems with the amounts. Just make sure you enclose your name/address/phone/email INSIDE the box. Sometimes return addresses on the outside get smeared or get wet and run. Also insure your box. They say to send it registered mail which is kinda $$$, I send my stuff Priority Mail/Insured. If you insure it for at least $200, delivery confirmation is included at no cost.

Dusty

Just because those stones shattered does NOT mean they were not diamonds. True, diamond is the hardest substance, however, it is also VERY brittle and will shatter. You may have mashed up some good stones. RickO

RickO I agree. I work with diamonds and we have broken a lot in my 20 plus years. All it takes it putting pressure on the right stop and puff it`s cracked or shattered. But you do have to put a good amount of pressure on it , for it to break. Should have tested them before refining.

Back
Top Bottom