Help!

Right? I bet he still gets his ice in big blocks with a saw out on a frozen lake...Bet he stores it all summer down in a hole filled with sawdust! Bet he wears underpants made out of Gingham!! Bet he puts Molasses on his sourdough pancakes! Bet he reads the Forum and the Sears catalog by a Kerosene lamp! :laughing:

Can you put the ice in the ice box.:D

I was wondering how old Tom was too. :laughing:

....Huckster! You gotta be 120yrs old!:laughing::laughing:

..... Not saying California Tom is old but I have it on good authority that he was a Busboy at the last supper !:yes:

You guys are much too cruel. And no one can beat puppy-mud's creative writing wit !

I'm 57 yrs. old. Started this hobby when I was about 13 or 14-ish, @ ~7th grade. That would have been about 1974 or '75-ish. Heck, I even remember seeing a few BFO's still in action at that time. And we were swinging 77b's, 66TR's, etc.... And saw the first discriminators (in actual use anyhow) hit the market. But we were not doing anything exotic. Strictly hitting school yard turf and yards of old homes. Didn't have the concept of relicky sites (stage stops, demolition, etc....). And didn't wise up to beach erosion till about 1980-ish. Heck, I was limited on where I could go, was wherever my Schwinn Stingray bike could take me. Doh ! Then when I got a driver's lic., would borrow the parents car , and drive to nearby cities to do their parks.

But I'll bet puppy-mud is on the ugly-side of 50 as well !

You guys are much too cruel. And no one can beat puppy-mud's creative writing wit !

No argument there , we are very lucky to be able to enjoy his thoughts and words of wit without having to go to theater or club and pay an outrageous amount of money ! I also would order his Road kill cookbook if he ever chose to print one . I could save tons of money the way the fools around my area drive .There's critter corpses all over the roads around here !
Nothing that walks , runs , crawls , slithers or flies is safe ! :no:

I'm taking it to several reputable coin dealers in the next few weeks and get their opinions. It looks too real to be a magicians coin, and there is evidence of a double striking. Also found out the mint messed up in 2002 and accidentally made a couple thousand of these things that were not supposed to be released to the public. But you know how these things get out & around! Guess I can only hope......LOL

All joking aside Tom , I didn't realize you are the age you are .I guess it has to be at least 15yrs. or more since I met you at Big Rec while hunting with MT and the Kinzly group .:oldguy:

I'm taking it to several reputable coin dealers in the next few weeks and get their opinions. It looks too real to be a magicians coin, and there is evidence of a double striking. Also found out the mint messed up in 2002 and accidentally made a couple thousand of these things that were not supposed to be released to the public. But you know how these things get out & around! Guess I can only hope......LOL

Let us know ASAP! Very cool! Hoping you got a big Misstrike winner!

Are you sure? All of the 8 million SACs minted in 2002 were NIFC (not intended for circulation). The important error coins I believe were the Cheerios SACs and the ones minted with Washington quarter on the obverse, caused by an employee error. I believe there are only 17 examples of that coin known. There are other errors also, but none that look like yours afaik. Hope for you it’s a new error!

Well, as an update on this coin.....I took it to a reputable coin dealer who examined it under a high power loop. It was quite evident this is nothing more than a trick coin.....something someone has made from two of the dollars. Oh well......the hunt goes on!

Back
Top Bottom