Paper money value?

mws_1984

Elite Member
Have these that I had sitting around for a while. Wondering if they are worth anything or where to go about finding information. I just assume sell them because I could use the extra $ if they have any value.

2 are silver certificates and one just an old bill. Foreign one I think is Japanese. Only scanned fronts. If need to see backs, I can do that, just let me know.

Attachments

• bills2.jpg
    bills2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 717
  • bills3.jpg
    bills3.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 748
I'm not a big paper collector, but recently found out my silver certs had little value over face. I had several bills including $20's from the 1920's, and traded to my buddy who has an interest, dollar for dollar -

The $5.00 sc 1953a about $7.00
1950a $5.00 frn about $7.00
1935f* $1.00 sc about $8.00 The star indicates a replacement note.
The Japanese note ?

The Japanese note ?

I would say this is correct, give or take a little. I'd be interested in the 2 blue seals if ya want to sell them shoot me a PM.

The Japanese note ?

My local coin store would sell those at 2X face value. The $1 is only worth $2.

Pretty sure that dollar silver certif is worth some $ most had a red seal not blue and your serial number has a star mine have a red seal and no star

Pretty sure that dollar silver certif is worth some $ most had a red seal not blue and your serial number has a star mine have a red seal and no star

Just to clarify: red seal small size $1 bills are United States Notes and are all dated as 1928 series. Blue Seals are Silver Certificates and were made over a few different dated series. The small size $1 US notes are on average worth more than the small size $1 Silver Certificates.

Yep that's a Japanese note and it's the newer 1 yen note printed up until 1946 right after the war.

Anyway the value they say is around $1. If you had the older note before the ones printed by Bank of Japan then it can fetch upwards of $40,000 or more at least according to what I'm reading.

cool. how much did they sell for?
The going rate according to the buyer.

Yep that's a Japanese note and it's the newer 1 yen note printed up until 1946 right after the war.

Anyway the value they say is around $1. If you had the older note before the ones printed by Bank of Japan then it can fetch upwards of $40,000 or more at least according to what I'm reading.

I wish it was an older note. I'd sell that right away, could use the $. But I guess like usual I never have the things that are worth the big $.

Back
Top Bottom