My Thanksgiving Stay-cation

scaupus

My Thanksgiving holiday was a jim-cracker; I got to hunt about 12 hours spread over 5 days. For the first time in a long time, some beach sculpting occurred. I don't know really, if the sand moving out helped me find rings, but it helped my attitude, that's for sure.

The first Saturday, I got this vintage Portuguese .800 fine, 19.2k, 5.2 gram gold band in the water.

22k%2Bgold%2Bband%2Bfine.JPG

Then on Thanksgiving Day I scooped this no-stone ladies 10k class ring from the wet sand. It's a recent Herf Jones, so its covered by their replacement policy, which I appreciate.

case%2Bwestern%2Breserve_43245c.JPG

10k, 6.72 grams, Wet Sand, Falling Tide, Under the Seaweed

Sunday afternoon a 12-17 tab signal appeared in the swash then disappeared when I tried to scoop it. A 12-17 signal subsequently appeared a yard or so away which I figured might well be the same signal.

I scooped again, and this time when the bucket drained, there was a tab sitting on top of the shells and rocks. Bouya, got you, you little floater, I exulted. As I reached in, the contents shifted, and an astonishing diamond dinner ring tumbled out from among the pearly shells. What a delight to the eyes!

Btw, I checked the read on the ring and it was 12-17, same as the tab.

Awesome rings!! :wow:

What a productive holiday weekend!

Congrats!
Raphis
Dan

:dingding:I don't know how it gets much better than that unless you're one of the Asian guys!!! BIG CONGRATS!!!

Obviously not hunting in my area. Those finds are way better than just NICE guys. That last one is one heck of a find..... sweet.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom