Mid-tide and dry hunt

joee5

Elite Member
Well I tried to catch some of the low as the high tide was coming in. After about 2 hours it was getting a little rough and I decided I didnt wanna get swamped/soaked today as I did yesterday. Then I moved up top and fiddled around in the sand between volleyball net poles.
The green stuff and almost all the junk is from the wet. Found half of a whistle (lifeguards?), among other stuff. Found them 2 coins, unrecognizable and appear to be the size of a quarter. Seem to be copper by what Im able to see where they are broken. No idea what they are or how old but they appear to be real old. Added 3 more wheaties to my collection.
The shiny clad and them Felix's are from the high dry sand.
I would have kept going as I still had 2 more volleyball courts to do,but them White Castle burgers were screaming my name something fierce. Put in a total of 4 1/2 hours swing time between the water, wet and the dry. 65 coins dug in total.
Hopefully others were able to get out there and swing some.
Happy Hunting.

Interesting that 2 of the copper pennies are missing chunks. I love finding lead although not too much because it weighs the pouch down a lot!!!

Interesting that 2 of the copper pennies are missing chunks. I love finding lead although not too much because it weighs the pouch down a lot!!!

Felix they are bigger than penny size. If they were complete, they would be the size of a quarter it appears. No idea what they are as they are unrecognizable. :mad:

Felix they are bigger than penny size. If they were complete, they would be the size of a quarter it appears. No idea what they are as they are unrecognizable. :mad:
Oh, I thought they were pennies and the angle of the camera is what made them look bigger. NOW that's really intriguing!

Might be a half cent they are slightly smaller than a quarter... but they are trash so do to them what you do to Felix pennies ;)

Might be a half cent they are slightly smaller than a quarter... but they are trash so do to them what you do to Felix pennies ;)
How could you?!?

Attachments

• nooo.jpg
    nooo.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 299
Junk is junk Felix... how about this... Joe save them for the scrap heap.. stick them in with the other copper scrap, pipes fittings and so on.. :lol:
Well they are copper so that is more acceptable! ;)

Nice capture Joee. Lot's of coins and some unknown. The ones missing parts are the new government value coins. The value is less than when first made. They stole the rest to pay for running for office.:lol:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Nice finds Joe! The gold has to be close!

Back
Top Bottom