First coinstar score and it's the big one!

Muskrat

I grabbed lunch at the grocery store like usual today and like always, peeked at the coinstar reject tray. It was full! I grabbed the coins and kept walking all I really saw was the edge of a silver quarter and a euro sticking out of my fist. Got to the car and opened my hand and about started shaking lol. I think I took a pretty good pic so I'll let the finds speak for themselves.

Thanks for looking and don't forget to check that coinstar!

Attachments

• 20191106_171642.jpg
    20191106_171642.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 919
Congrats big time ! It looks like someone's coin collection got stolen .That is just incredible . I've started scoring a little lately also but nothing like that , just clad and foreign coins , nothing worth posting.

Monterey Bay ? Uh , oh , Tom's going to want his 30% . He may let you slide as it didn't come out of the ground . :lol:

Nice! I have got one wheatie so far via coinstar.

It's grandpa's coin collection if I was to guess. A lot of kids wouldn't know to look through them all before turning them in.

Congrats and nice work!

Thanks! I'm still pretty blown away. The AL tax token silver cuban 20c and the large cent are my favorites of the bunch.

That's a very impressive Coinstar "hoard". I've been checking Coinstars since 2015 and have come up with a lot of silver coins, clad, foreign coins, and Canadian coins but never that many all at once. WTG.....

Holy heck! That is quite a haul! Nice score!

…..feel bad for whomever got ripped off though. If it were me (and I'm me, not you :roll:), I'd be in there pulling video from the store and following up with local cops. A bulletin with a photo of the guy/gal who dumped all that old change along with "If anyone has had any home invasions involving a stolen coin collection" may very well lead to something....

But then again, it might have just been a jar of coins that was left after grandpa passed away and they didn't know what was in there.

I was thinking something similar. At least as far as asking the local cops about any missing coin collections. Idk about personally trying to "pull video" from the stores security cams lol. I don't think the store manager just gives it out to anybody.

One of the nicest Coinstar hauls I've seen posted here. I'd be shaking too. One of these days we'll see a gold coin among someone's Coinstar finds.

Nice save!!!

Wow you killed it!!! I have yet to find anything and I look all the time. In fact there has only been once that there was anything in it at all but no silvers.

Whoa! What a shocker! After giving it a little thought, I don't think I would report it. Maybe look for local reports of a stolen collection, but bringing in the police could produce an undesirable result: A really dumb crook who stole someone's coins gets confronted by the police, but since they deny it, claiming it was theirs, and no theft was reported, they not only get away with it, but the police tell you to hand over all the coins you found...back to the dumb crook...who in turn, sues you for "stealing" "his" coins!!
This is just worst case speculation, but think about it.

Yowsa! Nice score!

I somehow doubt it was stolen collection. People don’t know what real money is nowadays...but they do know plastic...thieves are going for the big screens, artwork and jewelry...and how come it’s always “Grandpa’s” coin collection? :lol: People of all ages collect coins!

Yowsa! Nice score!

...and how come it’s always “Grandpa’s” coin collection? [emoji38] People of all ages collect coins!

Hahaha! Good point! [emoji38] Most of us probably had one as a child. I know I did, started by my father (thank you dad!). Mine was Buffalo's, Wheaties, Rosie's and GW's. Don't know what happened to them. Maybe someone will find them in a coinstar! [emoji1696]Maybe that should be a thread. Did you have a coin collection as a child and do you still have them? [emoji3548] hh!

Man just seeing this. Nice coinstar spill there lol. Unfortunately the one around here there is never anything in it. Think someone else is doing some coinstar digging in the area lol.

Back
Top Bottom