Money laundering...Rusults

I tried adding a squirt of Brasso to the mix to see if it'd polish my clad... Bad results! Coins came out spotty and scratched.

I currently got some clad that I found today rolling with some Comet, dish soap, aquarium gravel, and some warm water. We'll see how they turn out! (I know the suspense is killing you!)

Great info Andrew thank you.:yes: I just got an Hf dual tumbler and looking forward to firing it up. Would you say your mixings fill the drum about 2/3rds?
I have everything I have ever found including about 14 to 15 thousand coins so a lot of work to be done although they all don't need it. Great post.
Cheers :D
Doc

I have to break down and get one. Bet I have $80 in clad that I can't spend because it's so dirty.

Gave a crusty penney to a guy at the convenience store the other day that I found on the beach .. got a real look but he took it! ;)

Got a harbor freight 15 min away now.. time to get a tumbler.

I just use a bucket and a 2 litter bottle of coke.

Cleans the coins right up to be spent and its cheap and hassle free.

Spend $1 on coke when its on sale and then clean over $50 bucks worth of coins with it makes it worth while.

I broke down and bought one of these last week and its awesome. I have to make sure I dont put too much water in it, but it really cleans up the coins.

What would salt and vinegar do? It will clean copper quick.

You can use salt and vinegar on copper, but not on Zincoln pennies for very long because it will eat/pit them. If you decide to clean your Zincolns in your tumbler just run it for about 20 min.-30hr and check them often.

GL&HH

Back
Top Bottom