I've only been out detecting twice this summer yet got two new detectors

needler420

Elite Member
It's just too hot.I feel like I'm melting. I work outside roofing in FL. So I don't like to be in the heat more then I already have to be. Kind of stinks waiting for the weather to cool. Got a brand new compadre and BH tracker IV just waiting to do some sniffing.

I dont get out much in the Michigan summers, if I can help it, scorching. June-Sept.

I sweat like a pig. Profusely. There’s a term for it.
Will have to move to the UP when i retire. Not sure if that’s gonna be cool enough.

Always felt bad for the roofing crews. Up there in full sun; always on the hottest days. It just seems brutal. Can't imagine even surviving that in FL heat!
You'll be out digging dubloons and stuff, in prime conditions, when our northern soil turns to stone in freezing temps. That table turns every year.

Roofing in sunshine is brutal! I did my own roof with 40 year elk shingles. No leaks! And It was my first roof. Hope its my last too.

Roofing in sunshine is brutal! I did my own roof with 40 year elk shingles. No leaks! And It was my first roof. Hope its my last too.

Iv'e decked in and felted many roofs. I.:sun2::please::stormy::eat2:

I soak myself in sun screen all the time, so that's a plus.

I remember back in the early 70's doing both hot tar roofs as well as shingle roofs and even some aluminum siding, got paid $15 a day for a 12 hour day ! :shock:

I sweat like this too. I literally look like someone dumped a bucket of water on me. Hyperhidrosis is the term. Have to drink lots and lots of water to stay hydrated, if i decide to hunt in the heat. In contrast and interestingly enough, pigs hardly sweat at all.

I sweat like this too. I literally look like someone dumped a bucket of water on me. Hyperhidrosis is the term. Have to drink lots and lots of water to stay hydrated, if i decide to hunt in the heat. In contrast and interestingly enough, pigs hardly sweat at all.

If I sweated like this there'd be nothing left of me. When MDing I just turn sideways; nobody can see me! :lol:

I sweat like that too. I'm skinny with a fast metabolism. I sweat and it looks like I was swimming. You can wring it out my shirt.

I dont get out much in the Michigan summers, if I can help it, scorching. June-Sept.

Will have to move to the UP when i retire. Not sure if that’s gonna be cool enough.

91 up here today. Night time hunting lately.

Back
Top Bottom