Fresh meat from northern Michigan!

Badfish

Hello all, my name is Nolan. I’m from North West Michigan. I’ve recently jumped into metal detecting and I’m a total green horn. I’ve been at it for about a week and I’ve found a lot of trash!!! Holy smoke at the crown bottle caps and pull tabs I’ve found.

I’m really enjoying it tho I’ve found some coins and hot wheel cars so it’s not a huge loss. My best find was pure luck a 1890 Indian Head penny and a copper cross.

I’m still learning my machine and buying tools but I think I’ve got a good start. Beaches are my favorite spot lots of loose change.

I’ve so far purchased a equinox 600 and a Garrett carrot. Broken a few garden diggers so I think a Lesche tool is next.

Thank you all for this awesome forum I’ve already read so much!!

:welcome2: from the Great Black Swamp in NW Ohio! Glad to see you’re having fun, and an Indian is a darn good find - you’re off to a fine start. Good idea to keep digging various signals as you’re learning the machine - it’s really the only way to get comfortable with what it’s telling you. As you keep at the hobby, you’ll naturally find yourself digging less trash, and the overall quality of your finds will gradually increase.

And yep, a digger made specifically for MDing is money well spent - most garden diggers just won’t hold up and end up costing more in the long haul despite the lower sticker price.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!! Really trying to figure out this machine and numbers. Keep digging everything but gotta figure out how to stop finding so many bottle tops. I’ll get it I’m doing at least an hour a day at parks and such.

Soon as I get a new digging tool I’ll be at it !!

Hello Nolan... welcome from southern NJ. Good start with the Indian Head.

I rode my motorcycle up through the MI Upper Peninsula a few years back on the way to SD. Crossed north over the Mackinaw bridge on what must have been the windiest day ever. The grating on that bridge seemed as wide as my tires... or it just felt that way :shock:

Just started and already found an Indian. Heck it took me almost three years to find one and then the second one the same day.

Welcome to the Forum. It looks like you are well on your way to being addicted to this great hobby.

Welcome from Boston, Badfish. great start with those bottlecaps, pulltabs and the Indianhead. Dig everything for a while until you learn what your NOX-600 is telling you. Good luck !

Jim

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom