Mr. Friendly scuffs my Barber.

Big Treble

Forum Supporter
Hit a new park in a tiny village yesterday. Nothing super exciting, but found a pocket with some deeper coins, 9 wheaties and a Barber which makes any hunt satisfying.

Anyway when I showed up, there was a guy that looked to be working on an 1800 store front across the street, he just nodded and looked away. About 2.5 hours later he met a person to survey damage to a monument. So I guessed he had something to do with the park as well. When they were done speaking, I happened to be digging a target. And he came up to talk and sat right down.

Assuming he had something to do with the park and a 1800's store, I gladly sat down and chatted, defiantly a nice guy. Anyway thinking I could work my way into his property, I showed him my Barber, he was so excited he rubbed it to get a better look, I got nauseous and my skin crawled, but I just smiled. Before I got around to ask, his phone rang and he was off.

I'll be back...but I may not let him handle the coins!

Attachments

• 20180624_073945.jpg
    20180624_073945.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 552
  • 20180624_073854.jpg
    20180624_073854.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 534
  • 20180624_074042.jpg
    20180624_074042.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 500
I had just found a nice mercury dime and decided to show it to a park worker nearby. He was impressed and then dropped it in the grass. I had to find it all over again.

For me, good stuff goes in one pocket (and doesn't come out again till I'm home), clad or other interesting but non-valuable items go into another, and junk goes into a third. If anyone is super interested... they can see something from the second pocket.

Oh Well..What are ya gonna do? That nice Barber laid under the dirt for a 100yrs or so, and in all this time, you were the first one to find it, and he was the first one who who rubbed it!....Nice finds there BT! I'd say any pre 1900 is a trophy!

That's funny as heck ! The phone wrings...You sitting there 😳?
Don't let him look at your detector!!!
Great save !
,Dew

Actually I hate the wheaties, hoping for a smoothie instead. But deep coin retrieval is ok as long as it's not a zinc sent. Lol

If you hate the wheates, put em back in the hole. Most other detectorists would love to find a wheat field.

Congrats on the barber! Im iffy on showing people my finds, depends, if it is a neighbor or friend no problem but random people i just tell em mostly trash and some change, which is ussually what I have anyways. If anyone asks what im looking for, I say I collect old wheat cents. Which really is what i am looking for, because thats ussually where the silver is.

Congrats on the barber! Im iffy on showing people my finds, depends, if it is a neighbor or friend no problem but random people i just tell em mostly trash and some change, which is ussually what I have anyways. If anyone asks what im looking for, I say I collect old wheat cents. Which really is what i am looking for, because thats ussually where the silver is.

Yeah, I never show anything shiny to strangers either. "Mostly sharp pieces of can and a few pennies"...

Congrats on the nice Barber Big Treble. Really nice hunt there. :aok:

For me, good stuff goes in one pocket (and doesn't come out again till I'm home), clad or other interesting but non-valuable items go into another, and junk goes into a third. If anyone is super interested... they can see something from the second pocket.

Second this! especially on the beach...

I've heard of people working in pairs where one asks if you found anything and maybe you show him the gold heart shaped ring you just found...

second person runs up to you later panicking....did you find a gold heart shaped ring anywhere around here?!?!

i very rarely show anyone anything at all

Back
Top Bottom