goodwill find

joshua

found these cuff links at goodwill toaday 14 k gold anyone know how much about i will get at gold silver buyers fir the wieght

t0p82f.jpg

wow

Good for you, were they marked 14K or did you do an acid test?

If marked, I am surprised the employees are not trained to look for any hallmark to avoid profit loss.

just took em down to the gold and silver buyers she only gave me $90 for them but maybe if i go there enough they will give me better price next time. they were heavy when i picked them up at goodwill, got them home and they didnt pass magnet test, the other end was hollow and had a small metal strip in them thats why they got past the goodwill folks. they wetre stamped 14k on the back. all in all 90 bucks for a 2.99 buck purchase is good

Very nice

Reminds me when I was out looking for something, forget what it was now, ended up at Big Lots. Found this basket full of costume jewelry, started pawing through it and found a necklace. It just looked "good" and felt right, looked as though there may be a stamp on it. Asked how much, $2.00, okay bought it. Took it home to find 18k. Still have it , love it.

If you're happy with the $90 then fine, but they only paid you 50 cents on the dollar of their true value. Next time, don't be in such a hurry to cash in and you could sell for closer to melt. Those 'gold and silver buyers' are notorious for underpaying because people don't realize the real $$ value of what they have. : (

thanks for the info frankiefry i wont let em off so easy next time i figured i would loose at the counter the first time i was excited. i needed a pro with me

Sweet find!! My goodwill rips you off on jewelery. They had 2 small silver rings 1 priced at $24 and 1 priced at $15. Both together might weigh 6 grams. Neither looked good enough to wear and they would not budge on the price.

Back
Top Bottom