What's the real value of silver coins

There was a time when the value of gold helped determine the value of the US dollar but for some time now our currency has been valued by future trade instead. Both gold and silver only have value these days because of their use in electronics and technology

Same with platinum.

There was a time when the value of gold helped determine the value of the US dollar but for some time now our currency has been valued by future trade instead. Both gold and silver only have value these days because of their use in electronics and technology
You forgot jewelry.

You forgot jewelry.

I purposely left jewelry out. There is value added from jewelry but without the necessity of using them in modern technology the desire for these metals and their value would not be what it is today. Jewelry don't drive the price anymore , high end electronics do.

I purposely left jewelry out. There is value added from jewelry but without the necessity of using them in modern technology the desire for these metals and their value would not be what it is today. Jewelry don't drive the price anymore , high end electronics do.
Jewelry, high end electronics. Which is more affordable? Moot?

only certain silver coins are worth money. thing is theyve been in the ground or ocean or lakes etc. so scratches and such, now if it were a 1943d copper penny thatd be worth some bucks$$$$$... :laughing: usually error coins something like that but a coin book and knowing what things are worth is a good thing. some people wanna kick themselves digging in the ground and scratch a valuable coin...:lol:

Jewelry, high end electronics. Which is more affordable? Moot?

Jewelry is more affordable than high end electronics and a lot less gold gets used for it. When I say " high end " electronics I mean stuff the average person may never see let alone own or even know exists , but they power our cities , planes , rockets , satelites , supercomputers , weapons systems , etc. All the electronic systems these days that cannot under any circumstances ever fail. The more we rely on electronics the higher the price of many PMs go.

Jewelry is more affordable than high end electronics and a lot less gold gets used for it. When I say " high end " electronics I mean stuff the average person may never see let alone own or even know exists , but they power our cities , planes , rockets , satelites , supercomputers , weapons systems , etc. All the electronic systems these days that cannot under any circumstances ever fail. The more we rely on electronics the higher the price of many PMs go.
can’t argue with that!

Back
Top Bottom