Post your BEST HEARTBREAKER

Tungsten rings! :mad: Man! A guy goes out, all geared up, hunting in the right place, perfect old heavies coming up, just KNOWS he's on the pay dirt! Ping! Perfect mellow mid tone target! The signal is right, so a guy makes the scoop and can hear and feel the weight of a Honker Gold clanking around in there! A guy just KNOWS he's got a monster Gold!!

Then...What the Wolfram?! Tungsten? DAMN you Elhuyar Bros and Carl Wilhelm Scheele! :laughing:

That’s still cool looking, what’s it made of and did you find any story to it?

Oh, don’t get me wrong - it’s probably my favorite ring find, partially for the story behind finding it and partially for the design. All my other rings are small sterling silver rings or non-descript junkers. I really don’t know what it’s made of - it rang up quite high on the Max (about 83-84 if I remember right), so I guess I should have known right then that it wasn’t gold. Anyway, at best, it’s maybe gold plated. No markings whatsoever though, so I doubt it’s even plated - those are often marked that way, I think. Once the dirt got cleaned out of the band, I discovered that the lion’s head wasn’t solid - it has a hollowed out back, like it was formed over a mold. Pretty clear to me that it’s just costume.

I haven’t found any back story or matches for the ring online. I found it in a curbstrip in an older area of town, but right at the boundary between an old home and a modern built business about 2 or 3 inches down - so I can’t even be sure if it’s older or not. I’m assuming it’s fairly modern, but you never know.

I found this at 4am, pitch black.
I assumed it was 14k white gold and ice. It rang up 1, 2 and 3 on the Nox and felt pretty dense. My headlight made those *diamonds* sparkle! Looked so darn good!
Turned out to be stainless and bling.

Show off your gorgeous junkers!

Good grief..> Set stones and everything! yeah, that's a heartbreaker!

Found this sitting on top of the wood chips at a playground. 14k but all CZ stones. Still worth $100 online.
ce461a8a30d0f16b72516d0d0d2c8aba.jpg
3fa3639e514dae82e1ad7380260855f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I don't have a picture as it happened a number of years ago. I got a good signal and upon opening the hole I found what I thought was a piece of scrap metal. I went to pull it out but it seemed lodged so I bent it back and forth until it broke. It was then i discovered that I had broken the wing off of an otherwise good conditioned toy Hubley airplane. It would have been great in my collection and I have never found another.

Last edited:
These broke my heart at 2am this morning. Fooled me up until the acid test.

No honker for me.:laughing:

Attachments

• IRS20180808_113317.jpg
    IRS20180808_113317.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom