Pulse Induction: Tesoro Sand Shark

Terry Soloman

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Nawww.

Your just getting disbelief's from the people that have never ran that Beast of a unit.

Most people wouldnt believe you can run a vlf right along the water line with a specific coil either.:what:

There you go, you sold one already, as soon as your competition all buy them there will be no more deep targets for you to find in your area. It has happened here in my area.

You know its a different league of digging when you're using a shovel instead of a scoop!

There you go, you sold one already, as soon as your competition all buy them there will be no more deep targets for you to find in your area. It has happened here in my area.

A beach is never hunted out... there is still plenty of old deep targets there but our machines can't reach them yet... ;)

One of my favorite beaches to hunt was supposedly hunted out in the 80's, I have had great success there hunting with my GT and DF... sand is always moving around and we have to just be there at the right time when something opens up :)

Bottom line with all this debate is its the person behind the detector that makes the machine successful...

Takes valuable time to dig deep holes for crap

JMHO

i once owned an eric foster goldqustII and then i dug this and put it in the classifieds the next day.....it would dig sun glasses easliy at 12 to 15 scoops deep in waist deep zone tooo.

it is all about time for me.

Attachments

• sm22SCOOPS.jpg
    sm22SCOOPS.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,491
Web redemption!

Tsk,tsk Fernando throws his trash back in the sand and doesn't fill his holes... thanks for posting the video :lol:

I am going to email "Tosh.0," and see if he will fly Fernando to California, for a "Web Redemption," filling those holes on a sunny California Beach! I know Tosh will have a bikini-clad "helper" for Fernando - maybe to hold his shovel! :shock::lol:

A beach is never hunted out... there is still plenty of old deep targets there but our machines can't reach them yet... ;)

One of my favorite beaches to hunt was supposedly hunted out in the 80's, I have had great success there hunting with my GT and DF... sand is always moving around and we have to just be there at the right time when something opens up :)

Bottom line with all this debate is its the person behind the detector that makes the machine successful...
No argument there, however when man plays with mother nature with 10 foot of added sand and no sand has moved in the past year, fresh drops are out of sight except for the best PI's. When your competition has the same machine as you do and becomes as good as you are, then targets become far and few between. I have been hunting this beach for 12 years, and trust me, it is NOT the same, some hunters have gotten as good as I am :grin:

Attachments

• dredge 013.jpg
    dredge 013.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,411
  • dredge 015.jpg
    dredge 015.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,377
No argument there, however when man plays with mother nature with 10 foot of added sand and no sand has moved in the past year, fresh drops are out of sight except for the best PI's. When your competition has the same machine as you do and becomes as good as you are, then targets become far and few between. I have been hunting this beach for 12 years, and trust me, it is NOT the same, some have gotten as good as I am :grin:

I'm very happy we don't have beach replenishment here in connecticut for the most part... plus we won't post gold numbers like down south as our swimming season is very short... I'm guessing our water temps are right around 60 now as last week they were in 50's.. most of our beaches today are used by sunbathers and the beaches I hunt may have a handful of swimmers at the height of the swim season... most of the spots I hunt are rocky and muddy...

JMHO

i once owned an eric foster goldqustII and then i dug this and put it in the classifieds the next day.....it would dig sun glasses easliy at 12 to 15 scoops deep in waist deep zone tooo.

it is all about time for me.

Max, You are just killing...."classifieds the next day"!! :lol::lol: If that nail/wire hasn't fallin deeper after digging 2 and a half foot hole, I'll sell my PI and get the SS.

You sure use a fuzzy ruler for measurment.

Just how do you measure a 18" bobbypin in the water ? Come on, explain it to us readers. We want to know.

20" on a quarter in the sand with a 8" coil, that's quite a super unit you have there. I seriously doubt you can get that, but if your hot on quarters, that's one of the reason your not finding any gold on the beach. Quarters are high conductive, gold jewelry is low conductive.

Topping it off, Tesoro's PI is not noted for being very sensitive toward gold jewelry with it's very slow Pulse Delay. I believe you will find it's in the 19 to 20 µS range. Not good, not good at all.

You may be in love with your Sand Shark, but the serious beach/water hunters using PI detectors have all ready had there go with the Shark years ago. That's why their using different brands. Tried that, and found out. Why don't you do the same ?

R

Edit: Oh, I was informed via pm that you are referring to the pulse delay of the SS compared to the other PIs available, not vlf vs pi.

I wonder if the SS has the longer delay because of the pulse width setting, which lengthen/shortens each pulse, to avoid any problems between the delay and the pulse spike. Also, I wonder if the SS pulse delay self-adjusts to a shorter delay time when you lower the pulse width?

Olde Heater, Grand Daddie of the PI's

No way. A two box machine would not see a bobby pin anymore than it would see a quarter at 4 feet.
What about this Eric Foster Gold Scan Pulse Power (white) 8 inch Coil?, nickname "The Destroyer." A discriminating PI,
Hint, notice that there is very little metal on this heater....Just a few fittings, Electronic's..... rest is plastic and PVC

Just checking to see how old some of you guys are, and if you can still remember...........

Attachments

• SNAG-0005.jpg
    SNAG-0005.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,446
Back
Top Bottom