Gold In the Scoop

Numil

Elite Member
My beach hunting has been severely curtailed since I stupidly accepted a teaching position. Can't wait until May when I can get back to full time swinging. In the meantime, I got out for a couple hours each day this weekend for a little sand sifting and came up with come plat, gold and silver, not to mention ice and opal.

A nice but small opal/silver earring which when I showed my wife she immediately wanted to know where the other one was! She loves opal. The gold, (a small 14K necklace - 7.6g wedding band. had been a long time in coming. The last three months I've been finding plat rings but no gold so the yellow in the scoop was a welcomed changed. I'm not complaining about plat just nice to see the yellow show up again in the scoop.

Also pulled a platinum 4.8g ring (Pt 900 with inlay several small diamonds) along with the rest of the junk from the ocean. For me that was a great weekend. Enjoy and thanks for looking. Back to those ungrateful students on Monday. Aloha all....

Attachments

• Earring.jpg
    Earring.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 502
  • Necklace.jpg
    Necklace.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 501
  • Weight.jpg
    Weight.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 487
  • 14K.jpg
    14K.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 501
  • Plat ice.jpg
    Plat ice.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 496
  • Hauk of the day.jpg
    Hauk of the day.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 503
  • it fits.jpg
    it fits.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 491
Wow! That is a truly excellent weekend!

I had high hopes but then got typhooned out (didn't get a direct hit, but the surf was way too dangerous to go near the beach)... and now it's back to work.

Congrats on all that gold! I get more plat than gold here too, and I sure do love the sight of yellow in the scoop! :thumbsup:

:dingding: That's a great weekend by my standards as well! I know what you mean about stupidly accepting a teaching position. I have stupidly accepted being in education for 28 years! :lol:

Because of teachers I can count the number of platinum rings I have found on one hand. Most of us would like to find more of it but there is something special about seeing yellow metal in the scoop. Congrats on some great finds! :yes:

Wow! That is a truly excellent weekend!

I had high hopes but then got typhooned out (didn't get a direct hit, but the surf was way too dangerous to go near the beach)... and now it's back to work.

Congrats on all that gold! I get more plat than gold here too, and I sure do love the sight of yellow in the scoop! :thumbsup:

Thanks TK... seems the asian community likes plat more than gold which would explain why you and I find more plat than gold.

That's a pretty good haul for one weekend! Congrats! :)

Yup! felt real good with that haul this weekend. A score like that are few and far between.

Nice heavy ring there! Somebody has to teach, so it may as well be you!:laughing:

I dont wanna teach no more. But gonna stick it out until the end of the school year then go into semi-retirement something like substitute teaching again. Thanks Mud and good luck out there.

:dingding: That's a great weekend by my standards as well! I know what you mean about stupidly accepting a teaching position. I have stupidly accepted being in education for 28 years! :lol:

Thanks Felix...We're gluttons for punishment entering the education system considering the shape its in. Oh well, I've been in combat and can handle one more tour.

some nice finds congrats

Thanks Pan! Good luck out there

Because of teachers I can count the number of platinum rings I have found on one hand. Most of us would like to find more of it but there is something special about seeing yellow metal in the scoop. Congrats on some great finds! :yes:

Thanks Compass! Yea I really like the gold considering I've found some monster Plat rings lately. Even returned one marked with a serial number to Paris France about a month ago. Still love seeing that buttery yellow color more than anything. Good luck out there

Congratulations on the gold!
Yeah, I worked at our local high school for several years and couldn't wait to get away from it.
y

Thanks BeachHunter! my condolences on the high school teaching.. which happens to be the level I teach.

Great weekend for anyone..... ;)

Thanks Vermonster! Be safe and good luck out there

Awesome work, congrats on the gold!

thanks GSweeper! HH and GL out there

Sick days

I taught HS a long time before retiring 21 years ago. I had used up most of my sick days as I believe Mental health leave for rest was as important as physical health :)

Lots of detecting days to refresh me. Good luck on more goodies, Steve in so la

Back
Top Bottom