Montana update #2

DustyRoundup

Howdy all,

Ok, this is what Ive come up with so far.
I'm just trying to get this thing going, and dont seem to be getting a heck of alot of feedback.

But, thus far, I have come up with this plan of action. It will all be confirmed on paper in contract form for the parties concerned,
The contracts are to assure that everything will be as planned .

I will have a newsletter out in March 2011, and i will post it everywhere I can, from Missoula, to Bozeman (east to west) and Helena to Dillon (north to south)
It will state that there will be a "Group Outing" in late May, or early June.
The Outing will be held on private ground, where an old stage coach stop was located. ( permission in writing , from landowner)
Location,,Big Hole Valley Montana

I am also looking at getting a donation, of a door prize.
The door prize will be of a decent value.

I'm thinking, Everybody that signs up to join and help form a club, will be eligible for the door prize.
To be held as a drawing.

So, what do you think?

Dusty

It will all be confirmed on paper in contract form for the parties concerned,
The contracts are to assure that everything will be as planned .

Not sure I know what you mean. Are you talking about a Member Application for the club?

Howdy Carol

Hi carol,

No,, what I meant was , when I seal the deal with the landowner, I'll have it on paper, in contract form.
That would serve 2 purposes.
For us, it would ensure that we had permission, and it could be proven to who ever asks. It would also ensure that it would not be canceled due to cows or anything of that nature.

For the landowner, it would ensure that all holes would be filled, and basically that we wouldnt tear up his pasture.

I guess, I will have to put my self on the line and be held responsible for making sure that we left no trace , after the hunt is over.

Uh-oh, I just had a mental picture of a thousand holes in his pasture ,that I would have to fill. LOL

Maybe there should be a rule , that , if you arent filling in your holes, you'll be asked to leave.

I dont know, I wonder if I'm biting off more than I can chew?

Thanks for reading Carol.
I notice you are very knowledgeable in things related to Detecting.
Any comments or help on this would be Greatly appreciated !

Because, sometimes I wonder , why am I doing this.

Thanks again,
Dusty

So, you did some research, found a good spot, and your going to ask permission from the landowner, and get it in writing.

Do you have any club members now? Or are you posting flyers to get members, while offering a door prize? I'm not sure a flyer is the route to go. Your better off meeting people that are "already" interested in the hobby.

The best way to get people interested would be online. Have you posted on all the forums that you are starting a club? What is the population in your area?

Seems like starting a club in Montana, would be about the same response as a starting a club in South Dakota, or Wyoming. Not much interest.

Forming a club is a "commitment" and a lot of legwork.

Do you have a friend who is hunting with you now?

Hi Carol

Hi Carol
Lets see, If I can answer all your questions.

I live in a town of about 10,000, and we are about 45 minutes from a Big City of 40,000.
So far, I know about 8-10 locals that detect, and theres a few more that I've heard of but havent met yet.

Interest in the club: so far , none .
I have been bringing up the subject on a few forums, and I see that theres alot of views, but no replies of interest, except for 1 feller, that lives a few hours away
As far as the locals go, they seem to keep to themselves.
And theres a coupla of guys that are popular and have this 'TEAM" thing going on, but its basically, buy theyre videos and hats etc, but they dont really go with you, unless you are taking them to your spots, and after that, they go to those spots that you've showed them , but dont involve you.
So as far as the locals go, they are burning theyre bridges.
And the consensus is , WHY? deal with that.

I am willing to give it my all, but to be honest, I am starting to think on the side of giving up on the idea.

I talked to a local Detector dealer a while back, he said, he thought it would be great , and would advertise along with his Spring advertising for detectors.
But he also said, The people that buy from him , are like the Fly Fishers, we all like to have our outdoor hobbies to ourselves.

And I can understand that.
So , maybe this will never fly? I dont know?
I just think it would be fun, to have a competition hunt here and there.
get to know others in the same hobby.

But yeah, It doesnt look like theres too much interest, if any .
Thanks for your input though,
It helps me to put things in perspective.

Thanks again ,
Dusty

Sounds like your locals are more into greed than fun and friendship. I sure wouldn't show them any of my hunting spots when they return and hunt them without you. You may be ahead with just finding a good hunting partner that you can trust. Was it you Grandfather that you bought the detector for Christmas? He might be the one. As long as your boy is interested, he would make a good partner too. You can make it a family affair.

Update

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i wonder what charles garrett would say to keeping it to yourself after all he gave us the hobby for all intents????

Back
Top Bottom