• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fish4bills

Hello! I told my husband all I wanted for Christmas was a metal detector :). He came through and now I am hooked! I had never used one before but we have a Ranch that has been in his family for 100+ years in the Texas Hill country. My interest was sparked by tales of buried gold, but I’ve always been intrigued by the sport. (I don’t know if that’s the right term :). I have no idea what I’m doing and highly doubt there’s any buried gold, but I’m excited to see what I can find!

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Sounds like you have some good hunting property !

What model detector did you get ?

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome From First Flight State:takeoff:

Ya, I Told My Husband The Same Thing, He Told Me I'll Be Bored With It In A Week. Well Yesterday Came In With My First Real Find!:lol:

I Got Hooked From Aussie Hunters Series:laughing::laughing:

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! My husband and I had a lot of fun over the weekend exploring and found quite a few pieces of unidentified objects. The cool thing about the property is that we finally hired someone to clear a road through about 250 acres that have been inaccessible for at least 80+years. There is a creek that runs through the very hilly property surrounded by granite. Supposedly there was an old buggy trail that ran through the property so we decided to start in that vicinity. I will post pictures of objects we found as soon as I can figure out how to do it :)

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! My husband and I had a lot of fun over the weekend exploring and found quite a few pieces of unidentified objects. The cool thing about the property is that we finally hired someone to clear a road through about 250 acres that have been inaccessible for at least 80+years. There is a creek that runs through the very hilly property surrounded by granite. Supposedly there was an old buggy trail that ran through the property so we decided to start in that vicinity. I will post pictures of objects we found as soon as I can figure out how to do it :)

Sounds like some promising detecting areas !!!!

Check the thread at the link below for how to upload and post pictures -

Posting pictures help (with graphic examples)

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=248949

Pictures from weekend

Thank you GKL for the instructions!! It was easy to follow.

IMG_6576.jpeg

IMG_6578.jpeg

IMG_6580.jpeg

IMG_6583.jpeg

IMG_6585.jpeg

Detector

I forgot to answer your question GKL about the detector. He bought a Bounty Hunter, and I think it was a Texas Pro? I left it at the ranch because that is where we'll probably do most of the hunting. But I'm thinking about bringing it home next time. We live only one block from the beach on the Texas coast so I may try using out there, although I'm more interested in finding very old relics from the family place.

Back
Top Bottom