What did you guys do with your first silver coin ever? This is what I did with mine!

coin whisperer

Elite Member
I found this 1964 Washington at my park in 2013 with a At Pro. It was about 8” deep next to a creek. I’ll never forget that feeling of seeing that silver coin laying in the dirt! Since this silver coin I’ve found over 600 of them but I’ll never forget this one!!
726c09b1f8024dfca27855d39ab21910.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome idea, looks great! I didn't keep track of my finds when I first started in 2012. It wasn't until I came here in 2014 that I started keeping track of totals and whatnot. But my first silver coin was a barber dime at a cellar hole, not in my collection anymore unfortunately :roll: I did make a cool keychain though 👍 I might put my first one reale found this season in a bezel and chain. Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• 1211181742~2.jpg
    1211181742~2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 414
Awesome idea, looks great! I didn't keep track of my finds when I first started in 2012. It wasn't until I came here in 2014 that I started keeping track of totals and whatnot. But my first silver coin was a barber dime at a cellar hole, not in my collection anymore unfortunately :roll: I did make a cool keychain though [emoji106] I might put my first one reale found this season in a bezel and chain. Thanks for sharing!

I sold all of my silver coins from 2013-2015. I regret it now but glad I kept my first one!!! Love your key chain!

My first silver coin was an ugly filthy 42-S war nickel.

Second was a 64-D Rosie.

Both are in my silvers jar.

Like what you did there with your Wash.

That looks sweet CW. I still have my first silver but it got mixed up with all the others but I won't forget finding it my 90 year old uncle was standing next to me when I dug it. Awesome memory.

That looks sweet CW. I still have my first silver but it got mixed up with all the others but I won't forget finding it my 90 year old uncle was standing next to me when I dug it. Awesome memory.

My first silver coin was an ugly filthy 42-S war nickel.

Second was a 64-D Rosie.

Both are in my silvers jar.

Like what you did there with your Wash.

Thx guys!

My VERY first Dug coin was a 1919 d mercury.. I was like wth is this?
my wife filled me in :laughing:

Looked like a 1916 d as it was pretty worn and when I went inside and looked it up I was like NO way.. I broke out the magnify glass..looked VERY close and determined 1919d oh well it is 100 years old this January.

I thought oh heck this is going to be easy.. reality set in later..

I still have it on my display with the other 14 I found this year (rookie)

My VERY first Dug coin was a 1919 d mercury.. I was like wth is this?

my wife filled me in :laughing:

Looked like a 1916 d as it was pretty worn and when I went inside and looked it up I was like NO way.. I broke out the magnify glass..looked VERY close and determined 1919d oh well it is 100 years old this January.

I thought oh heck this is going to be easy.. reality set in later..

I still have it on my display with the other 14 I found this year (rookie)

Lol cool story!!

I’m still wanting to make my love token (not my first silver) into either a necklace or keychain...

5b4347982ea3f658602f12dc638bc964.jpg

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

I’m still wanting to make my love token (not my first silver) into either a necklace or keychain...

5b4347982ea3f658602f12dc638bc964.jpg

I’d be afraid to put that in a key chain cause I lose me keys all the time lol

That first one was definitely special but when you dig as few as I do they are all pretty special.
I had the same idea as you for my first silver coin, A 1944 Merc dime. Three years later and I still haven't put it in the bezel.
That GW looks great, I think the Merc might be a little too dainty to wear, I'll most likely give it to my granddaughter someday.

IMG_1807.jpg

I left mine on my desk and my daughter took it and spent it.

BCD

Omg!!!!

That first one was definitely special but when you dig as few as I do they are all pretty special.

I had the same idea as you for my first silver coin, A 1944 Merc dime. Three years later and I still haven't put it in the bezel.

That GW looks great, I think the Merc might be a little too dainty to wear, I'll most likely give it to my granddaughter someday.

View attachment 431007

Put that in the bezel and wear it!! I would screw what others think!

That's a pretty cool idea!

I don't remember exactly what my first silver was, but I think it may have been a 50% silver threepence which I got at the beach. We were walking along the beach as a family (I had my detector with me of course), and at one section of the beach I found a couple of small coins (dad later told me they were old threepences). I still have the threepences, they're in my collection. Ever since I've found those silvers there, dad and I have been going back there after every storm. Between us we've probably pulled over 1000 modern coins there, and dozens of old coins. Also got a 9k ring there earlier this year, and also a few more silvers. Must've been an old fishing location (you can see remains of an old groyne)

That's a pretty cool idea!

I don't remember exactly what my first silver was, but I think it may have been a 50% silver threepence which I got at the beach. We were walking along the beach as a family (I had my detector with me of course), and at one section of the beach I found a couple of small coins (dad later told me they were old threepences). I still have the threepences, they're in my collection. Ever since I've found those silvers there, dad and I have been going back there after every storm. Between us we've probably pulled over 1000 modern coins there, and dozens of old coins. Also got a 9k ring there earlier this year, and also a few more silvers. Must've been an old fishing location (you can see remains of an old groyne)

Wow that’s a great spot!!!!

I don’t know about my first ever but my first and only Half and first and only seated dime made my neck.
317e03823e349cef2322022b5677db11.jpg

I’d be afraid to put that in a key chain cause I lose me keys all the time lol

When my keys aren’t hanging up at the house they are hanging from my belt loop. Haven’t lost a key in 12 years luckily lol. I treat them like my pocket knives, always got them.

OK . . . as I stated in another thread: In the late 1960-70s in San Diego, CA I was an avid metal detector hobbyist !!
I am still semi-active but cannot wait to introduce my grandkids to this wonderful hobby.

So back then, there were better odds of finding silver coins with a MD. I thought it would be “COOL” to clean the
silver coins I was finding and then place them in this Corning glass block sample bank. The glass bank got pretty
full quickly and would not take any more coins. Now it is a paper weight on my desk and the silver coins are held captive !!

So, I found out the glass bank itself empty weight is 227 grams, the bank with silver coins weighs 768 grams so there
is about 541 grams of silver coins in the bank. Doing the math, there is a little over a pound of silver coins in the glass
bank and YES, it does make a nice paper weight ! ! !

Attachments

• Silver Coins-02.jpg
    Silver Coins-02.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Silver Coins-01.JPG
    Silver Coins-01.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Silver Coins-03.JPG
    Silver Coins-03.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Silver Coins-04.JPG
    Silver Coins-04.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Silver Coins-05.JPG
    Silver Coins-05.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 226
OK . . . as I stated in another thread: In the late 1960-70s in San Diego, CA I was an avid metal detector hobbyist !!

I am still semi-active but cannot wait to introduce my grandkids to this wonderful hobby.

So back then, there were better odds of finding silver coins with a MD. I thought it would be “COOL” to clean the

silver coins I was finding and then place them in this Corning glass block sample bank. The glass bank got pretty

full quickly and would not take any more coins. Now it is a paper weight on my desk and the silver coins are held captive !!

So, I found out the glass bank itself empty weight is 227 grams, the bank with silver coins weighs 768 grams so there

is about 541 grams of silver coins in the bank. Doing the math, there is a little over a pound of silver coins in the glass

bank and YES, it does make a nice paper weight ! ! !

Very nice looking display

Back
Top Bottom