Gold seller arrested

KOB

Forum Supporter
Just saw on my local news Channel 5 tonight that a counterfeit gold jewelry seller was arrested in L.A. Responsible for selling over $15 million in fake gold jewelry across the country. 1 down , many more to go ! Maybe I can testify against him about how he's effected my local beach hunting.....

It is made in China and exported here. I see it all the time. Go on alibaba or wish and look at all the fake stuff you can buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few more arrests like that and maybe the word will get out and the unscrupulous types doing this will think twice before doing it. I gotta believe that there's a large percentage of buyers wanting the real stuff and are just getting duped.

It is made in China and exported here. I see it all the time. Go on alibaba or wish and look at all the fake stuff you can buy.

I suppose if there is a buyer... there will be a seller. Nobody would be caught dead wearing !!!! like that in China. 24k gold... they heat it up cherry red when buying at the store so you can see the gold content.

There ya go....... he made sold the fake necklaces i found.:laughing: He was a SELLER Steve..... doesnt say where he was buying from...... im sure hes going to plead he didnt know.

A few more arrests like that and maybe the word will get out and the unscrupulous types doing this will think twice before doing it. I gotta believe that there's a large percentage of buyers wanting the real stuff and are just getting duped.
That would be nice but I don't see it happening. It is just like the drug trade. As long as there is a demand for low price bling there will be someone to fill the need. Just too much money involved.

Cliff

That's true. As I mentioned in a previous post. I met 3 different sellers on 3 separate days. All off craigslist , let go , offer up websites. All 3 rings stamped 18k. I wanted to see myself at these crazy low prices. Maybe I could score a deal as I have in the past from desperate sellers. Taking out my acid kit , they all got nervous : body language , no eye contact , etc. All 3 rings passed 10k , but not higher. Being marked 18k , I passed. Everything was just fishy. I'm sure many have bought these . Just glad 1 of these "ringleaders" was busted. Hopefully he will flip some others.

Just saw on my local news Channel 5 tonight that a counterfeit gold jewelry seller was arrested in L.A. Responsible for selling over $15 million in fake gold jewelry across the country. 1 down , many more to go ! Maybe I can testify against him about how he's effected my local beach hunting.....
I could go to a local bodega store here in Miami and show you a display with fake marked gold jewelry.:bling:

As far as I know, anybody caught counterfeiting gold in China is beaten to death right there in the street!...

They allow fakes for exporting to the World...., Rolex's, Cartier, Levis, Morgans, but definitely no gold fakes allowed for CH National consumption under penalty of immediate Death!...

Its the Italians you gotta watch out for fake gold chains!...gabbagool!..:laughing:

As far as I know, anybody caught counterfeiting gold in China is beaten to death right there in the street!...

They allow fakes for exporting to the World...., Rolex's, Cartier, Levis, Morgans, but definitely no gold fakes allowed for CH National consumption under penalty of immediate Death!...

Its the Italians you gotta watch out for fake gold chains!...gabbagool!..:laughing:

I wouldnt say Italians are truly the culprits, but I think who ever is making them know the public trusts that little stamp that says " Italy "

Reminds of that movie “I’m gonna git you Sucka” where the dudes “OG”. (Killed Over Gold)

Old trick. Can be bought overhere from gypsies on the street as much as you want. those show up everywere.
Copper with a thin layer low ct gold on it. The most biggest thickest shiney beautifull juwelery.

Tricking someone with fake gold, i think as old as gold is. Celts and romans already did that with gold layered coins.

Anyone caught faking !!!! will be stoned in the town square. Or perhaps a beheading. :lol: lots of fake stuff in China just nobody buys it. 24k adjustable rings are very hard to fake. Anyone that can afford a Rolex in China isn't buying it from the guy on the corner

Back
Top Bottom