• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ACE 250 vs X-Terra 30 review update

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
I know many of you have been curious as to my thoughts since upgrading from one machine to the next. I've been kind of slow getting the review made, but the extra time will be worth it. I'm trying to make it the most in depth comparison review of two machines most any of you have read.

You all know my recent admiration of my X-Terra 30, so I'll try and keep it as unbiased as I can. I'm aiming for the second week in September for the review, which will premiere on my blog, and makes its way here, so keep a lookout!

So far the criteria is as follows:

Price | AVG User Ratings | Ground Type | Weight | Depth | TID | Battery Type | Battery Length | Tone | Disc | FREQ | Sens | Easy of Use | Air Test | Ground Test | Field Test

Air/Ground test is being conducted with the following items at depths from 1" to 10":

Penny | Nickel | Dime | Quarter | $1 Coin | Silver Ring | Sterling Cross | 14k Chain | Pull Tab

I'm just waiting to do the ground test when i get back on Sep 9th, then the final draft of the review and it'll be here... promise!

We await with great anticipation... seriously, that is a nice format, and perhaps others could use it as well when changing machines. We could end up with a comparative library of information. Just an idea... RickO

What,no MD'ing allowed on the ship?????Thats no fun:(

I'm actually kinda mad, 'cuz I found out we'll be making land this trip. The last five days we should be in Mobile, Alabama... of which if I had known I would have brought my MDr with me :mad:

Thanks

Can hardly wait for review. Have a Bounty Hunter and thinking of getting a Ace 250. I am curious as to how you rate the 250. Not familiar with other but curious about this machine also now.

Back
Top Bottom