~~11 silver....7 indians....26 wheats....CooL Relics~~

goes4ever

Elite Member
wow, what a great weekend! I hunted saturday and sunday, and did quite well.

Saturday: Hunted with DiggerDan, we hunted a lot where an old house stood, and burnt down in the 70's. Finds weren't great but I got a sweet sterling thimble, couple wheats, then we hit an old house and I got an 1864 indian, no date buff and couple wheats. I needed the 1864 for my dug indian set...cool!:yes:

Sunday: Dirty pic is from all day sunday....I hunted with Mr. Stuff, and we hit several houses in a row all on one street. First house I got some wheats, and the sterling bell charm, next house was the awesome yard, right off bat, hole one and two were silver dimes. then several wheats, token, indian......then we went to the back yard. I got 5 indians in one spill!!!!!! :yes::yes:
that is a record for one hole for me! I also got a sterling salt shaker top, little 3" long sterling sword. Good weekend for silver, takes me to 175 silver coins for the season, and 109 indian pennies :D

As far as relics, got a copper ring with 18k stamped inside...lol
cool little cap gun, couple keys, headless lead soldier.

Oh and 26 wheaties....and ton of clad. as you can see in dirty pic I dug a lot!

dirty10-02-11.jpg

10-02-11.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

Wow, that is a helluva hunt, but what else do we expect from you..:). When you count your silvers for the year, are you counting all things silver or just coins. In my counts, which are extremely low lol, I only count silver coins...Just wondering...

Man thats freaking awesome!! Congrats on your goodies!

Wow, that is a helluva hunt, but what else do we expect from you..:). When you count your silvers for the year, are you counting all things silver or just coins. In my counts, which are extremely low lol, I only count silver coins...Just wondering...
the count of 175 is silver coins ONLY :D

Once again, I stand in amazement. awesome finds. Love the 1864 Indian (it's in remarkable shape). You never know what house has the goods, that's why you gotta knock on them all. :)

I bet the 1877 is eluding you but then again I should look at whom I am talking to...lol

here is what I need:

copper nickel (fatties)

bronze
1864-L
1908-s
1909-s

now I think they are all fairly obtainable EXCEPT 1877, and 1909-s :shock:
But I will never rule anything out, because before August 27th, I thought me finding a 1916-D merc was impossible too.

Back
Top Bottom