Dug a bird.... a REAL bird.

jr.hunter1992

How crazy is this?
I take a break from MDing my back yard...
Something hits my window and I ignore it.
I go out 30 mins later to start where I left off.
There in the middle of where I left was a bunch of slate and disturbed ground.
I swept over it... beep beep........
So I figured I should be careful.
My neighbor sometimes "plants mines" for me to dig.
He somehow rigs a firecracker to blow after I move a piece of metal...
It's a very intricate setup I've tried replicating...
Even with all my knowledge in that field I cant do it...
He is a very "anti-detector" type guy.
This time it was a different signal, but I was still careful.
So I start unearthing whatever it was slowly.
I saw feathers... then feet.... I was like..... WTH??
I continued even more carefully and found the bird was fully intact....
It had some pulltabs on it...
I find out my bro buried it as I was inside.
He wanted to mark it with something special... (He's 10)
That is probably the weirdest thing EVER!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With neighbours and family like that who needs enemys :)

You said it!

But what I don't understand is why some people are so "Anti" over Metal Detecting. Possibly they had strangers digging on thier properties without permission or is there a multiude of reasons.

Are you friends with this neighbor? If someone came onto my property and planted rigged fireworks that would go off when I dig it up I'd call the cops immediately.

Yep... If someone rigged an explosive to go off like that when I moved something, he would be in jail. That is dangerous AND illegal. RickO

I dont get it either. Once while hunting an old house site I kept seeing little puffs of dust just ahead of me, It was the people next door throwing pennies in front of me! Nothing better to do I guess! I just kept going and they finally got tired of it. Walked away with a barber half and a few wheats, plus a handfull of new pennies!!

well find out his hobby then throw a roll of fire crackers in with him in a closed space that'll show him, and if he's on your property burying things isnt that illegal...perhaps he buried a body in your yard and doesnt want you to find it

It had some pulltabs on it...
I find out my bro buried it as I was inside.
He wanted to mark it with something special... (He's 10)
That is probably the weirdest thing EVER!!

Oh wow... I thought you was going to say it had a metal band around it's leg. Then you would have had to send the band to some environmental group that's monitoring it.

...I bet that smelled nice =.=

That's a total fail. I would have put it in the middle of his grill that he cooks BBQ on...cheeky punk.

I dont get it either. Once while hunting an old house site I kept seeing little puffs of dust just ahead of me, It was the people next door throwing pennies in front of me! Nothing better to do I guess! I just kept going and they finally got tired of it. Walked away with a barber half and a few wheats, plus a handfull of new pennies!!
I had some wiseass punk teenagers do this once in a schoolyard

Not sure why this is under "mind blowing" finds. Weird and slightly annoying, yes. Mind blowing? Not really. Payback is in order, though. You don't see us messing with their hobbies, do you?

Back
Top Bottom