• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hurricane week at the beach

grinsebring

Global Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Although we were hundreds of miles south and east of Michael we still got the joys of 50 mph winds and 4 foot breakers. Lucky to get knee deep in the water without losing balance or getting a salt bath was too much for this old cat.

Met up with Doug a couple times, Dewey all the time because I'm not sure if he sleeps on the beach. We also ran into Beachrumbum saturday. I wanted to get a picture of the group together but it would be easier to herd cats.

The finds were meager, but even though we were kept on the sand for most of the week Wichita mike and I did OK. I got the usual clad, one wheat penny, the lead sinkers, four sunglasses, all junk and tossed, a couple nice toy vehicles which were quickly handed over to the first kids within arm reach. ("Mommy,mommy, is he a spaceman") I get a kick out of innocence.
A couple pieces of junk jewelry, and four rings. 2 junkers, one silver so thin and light it wouldn't show up on a scale. The highlight was an 18k and Platinum band. Nice and heavy in the hand.

Attachments

• 254.jpg
    254.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 477
OOOOoooh, beautiful nail clippers ! I'm green with envy ! (oh, and nice gold ring too :cool: )

I will have you know

OOOOoooh, beautiful nail clippers ! I'm green with envy ! (oh, and nice gold ring too :cool: )

When those clippers went off I thought I hit the Grail. I only kept them because of the the testosterone rush I had. First in a decade....

:dingding: Congrats on the goodies opening up for you and scoring! If I am ever up anywhere near there I'll try to get out with you guys.

You guys had all the fun........left me with the mumbles.:lol: Man we worked that beach too. Mike can sure cover a lot of ground. I dont sleep on the beach..... BUT thanks to the Nox i can see the digits way before the sun comes up.

Great hunting with you guys...... and nice to see you both got to grab a little something nice for your collections. Gil all that golf ...... i was kind of hoping you had that kind of natural swing on the beach, but i didnt have to yell FOUR on time.:laughing: Hey ...... but you could have taken a mulligan on that gold ring and left it for me.

Always like seeing how you guys do on these annual trips!

This line caused a coffee spew..."I only kept them because of the the testosterone rush I had. First in a decade...." :toofunny::laughing::lol:

On the Gold, Doug from England ? i see him visiting Florida quit often, must be nice :yes::D

Yes it is I.

We are staying down in the Bradenton area of Florida.

Just a few coins found to date, not quite finished yet, we have a few more days before we fly back to England.

Two coins from Canada bottom middle

Last edited:
Although we were hundreds of miles south and east of Michael we still got the joys of 50 mph winds and 4 foot breakers. Lucky to get knee deep in the water without losing balance or getting a salt bath was too much for this old cat.

Met up with Doug a couple times, Dewey all the time because I'm not sure if he sleeps on the beach. We also ran into Beachrumbum saturday. I wanted to get a picture of the group together but it would be easier to herd cats.

The finds were meager, but even though we were kept on the sand for most of the week Wichita mike and I did OK. I got the usual clad, one wheat penny, the lead sinkers, four sunglasses, all junk and tossed, a couple nice toy vehicles which were quickly handed over to the first kids within arm reach. ("Mommy,mommy, is he a spaceman") I get a kick out of innocence.
A couple pieces of junk jewelry, and four rings. 2 junkers, one silver so thin and light it wouldn't show up on a scale. The highlight was an 18k and Platinum band. Nice and heavy in the hand.

Good to catch up with fellow forum members again.

Also to meet new members of the FF.

Those two Canadian Pennies were planted to keep you from getting homesick for the British Empire! ;):D

Hey, it was great to meet you folks. Doug, I sure hope that you are able to get onto something good before you go home. Of course nothing in the ground here will compare to the history and character of what you have at home but I hope it at least shines.:cool:

Freaking Great ring! I found one just exactly like that a few years ago!...18K/Plat! Just exactly like that one you found! ..It was an Artcarved...over 10gr...Beautiful Ring! It was stolen from me by a Family Member...I was pretty new at the Sport and unaware of the dangers! Thats the last time! I miss that ring though!

If you are going to sell it, let me know what size/weight it is...

Back
Top Bottom