Gold!! The Slumpy Crown is passed to the next victim

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
Took the Nox out yesterday for a 6 hour hunt. I stopped at 5 beaches and hunted 4. There was a lot of soft sand everywhere except right next to or in the water. First beach a bust only bottle caps and trash. Second beach a small 14K earing and Florida Marlins class ring. The ring was plated but still a nice find. Beach 3 I was on my way to the water and the Nox started singing a beautiful song. Dry sand gave up a nice sized Gold necklace. I dropped it in my top pocket and hunted about 2 more hours. Off to the last beach I realized the necklace was missing, so back o the beach and right where I found it, it layed on top of the sand. I saw at last 6 people pass right by it while I was walking to where I found it. Man that was luck twice in the same place in one day. Well at the last beach, I hunted about 30 minutes and found some clad and a sterling pin that looks like a sword in the dry sand. A good day for me. It has been a long gold dry spell and I got rid of the Slumpy Crown. I'll pass that back to itsaring. Your welcome Larry.:lol: I couldn't read the marking on the necklace but it held a 10k acid test. Thanks for looking, and good hunting.

Attachments

• 20181013_122000 copy.jpg
    20181013_122000 copy.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 617
  • 20181013_122359 copy.jpg
    20181013_122359 copy.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 658
  • 20181013_122642 copy.jpg
    20181013_122642 copy.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 645
  • 20181013_124102 copy.jpg
    20181013_124102 copy.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 635
  • 20181013_124233 copy.jpg
    20181013_124233 copy.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 627
  • 20181013_161708 copy.jpg
    20181013_161708 copy.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
:dingding: Congrats on the slump breaker! What on Earth is a Florida Marlins class ring? :roll:

Nice DD... you don't have the gold slumpy title under your name so you can't claim it... ;)

Lucky re catch on that necklace! Bummer the ring is only plated, that would have been a honker!

It was a heavy ring even if it was plated. I wish it had been gold.

:dingding: Congrats on the slump breaker! What on Earth is a Florida Marlins class ring? :roll:

I'm not a sports fan but a friend said it was a baseball team. Personally Felix, I thought a Marlin was a fish. See photo below Felix. You must be a Yankee's fan.:lol:

Nice DD... you don't have the gold slumpy title under your name so you can't claim it... ;)

I feel better already Craig. I think Larry sent the Slumpy Crown to me in the mail by mistake.:lol:

show off :laughing:....... super nice finds.

I resemble that remark dew. As long as it has been since I've had anything worth while to post, I'm delighted to at my age stage in life to be a show off. Thanks for looking buddy.

Attachments

• X-Marlins Plated Ring N. Spessard 10-12-18-X.jpg
    X-Marlins Plated Ring N. Spessard 10-12-18-X.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 627
That's one Great day! Real nice 12 grams of 10k!!

Heck of a way to break a slump! WOOHOO!!!! So happy for you, that necklace is AWESOME!!! and to find it twice in one day. Priceless!

:dingding::dingding::dingding::kingdances:

:friends:

Thanks Kap. When I returned to the beach where I had dropped it a couple of hours before and watched about 6 people walk right past it, my heart about stopped. It was a good thing they were not detectors or it would have been history. By the way. Does Larry look good wearing the Slumpy Crown I passed on to him?:lol:

Awesome hunt Dog- congrats! It's pretty surprising how most people don't seem to see the things we see laying on top off the sand. I think that it's because most people don't expect to see something like that. :yes:

Thanks OBN. It's been a long time coming. I was about to start spaying my junk rings gold just to make me feel better.

:lol:...I see myself someday thinking the same. It's going to run out for sure.

Who has been bestowed this honor? I hope not my buddy Earl...:shock::no:

No one right now.. Earl will never have that title... If he doesn't post then he can't have that title... I guess his latest detector isn't the holy grail... I think he would have a better chance of finding stuff with a pail and sifter :yes:

Awesome hunt Dog- congrats! It's pretty surprising how most people don't seem to see the things we see laying on top off the sand. I think that it's because most people don't expect to see something like that. :yes:

I'm glad that's true for the most part. After two hours I would have thought someone would have seen it. I guess it takes a pirate.

Nice double recovery on that gold chain.:wow: That Marlins ring is cool too.:cool:

Thanks Ken. I like the ring as well. It may not be real gold but it's a neat find. The necklace was a shock:shock: Found and then missed my pocket and go back and watch a group walk past it. Then a second recovery is some good luck.

Congrats on some good hunting with great finds. Continued " GOOD LUCK ".

Thanks for looking bubba. After a long dry spell it was good to find a 14k earring and a 10k necklace. Thanks for looking and good hunting!

Back
Top Bottom