ace 250?

poisonZ28

I am new and never had a MD. I am wanting to know can i use the ace 250 @ the beach?Thanks for any info and great site. I am in Texas

Hello poison, I too own a Ace 250, I have detected on a beach once, It was difficult for me for I was new also. I can't comment on beach detecting, but I can welcome you to the Forum. Good luck on your find's
Rhubarb

Reports that I've read say that the 250 is ok on the beach, although on wet sand you may be better off with the small coil.

Welcome to thw forum and the hobby . I wouldn't suggest the Ace250 for salt water beach hunting unless you intend on stayingin the dry sand. They are not the best for salt wet sand. Performance is diminished by over half. I would suggest a water/beach detector instead or possibly a Minelab Sovereign GT. If your beach hunting is fresh water you'll be Ok.Let me know If I can help with any more questions.
Tony

ace 250

Thanks for the info.I will not be hunting at the beach that much.I guess i will be going to the woods and stuff like that.maybe the beach every now and then.I am new to this and never M/D before. Thanks again yall

I see everyone say salt water beaches
what about fresh water ones
I live no where near salt water
the beaches I am talking about are the ones of lake Ontario
would the Ace 250 water there
thanks,

Yup - Just don't dunk the housing.
I've hunted beaches a plenty with the 250, and have gone a couple feet up the shaft in water.
In practice, this is nearly useless unless you have someone to help you, as when you find something its rather difficult to retrieve an object with one hand holding the detector.
I usually have my kids to help out, but they quickly lose interest and go running off to build a sand castle or something ... So in practice I pretty much confine myself to waterline searches and the beach itself.

that is great to hear
I have so many places in mind to go hunt
now I just have to wait and get my Ace 250
should be getting starting of May
I am so looking forward

The 250 is great in fresh water, but you need to be real cognizant of what you're doing out there, especially when it comes time to scoop and sift. One misstep, one oops and your yeller feller is toast.

The Ace 250 is great on dry sand, I live in Miami and use it all the time on the beaches down here. However, and most everyone in here concurs, it is difficult to use it in the water or on wet sand. For the money and the quality you can't beat the Ace 250. I just with Garrett would make a water detector that is as good as the Ace 250. Maybe someday :lol:

As I mentioned on here before, the 250 is reckoned to work well in wet sand, as long as you have the smallest coil fitted.

Thanks for all the info ppl
I am in contact with Tony about getting my MD at the end of this month
looking forward to all the discovering I will be doing

My Ace 250 always works fine, I have used it several times on freshwater beaches.

Back
Top Bottom