Church built in 1800

TsingTao

Elite Member
I just called up a church that is 4 minutes away from me to ask if i could MD on their grounds.

It is exciting because they are well known for their weekend fund raising throughout its history.

It has been a continuous church since its birth so i think there could be a bunch of cool stuff (and im hoping ALOT of old coins :cool: )

The lady i spoke says she will run it by the board where they will vote because she did not want to give me an answer that may conflict with someone else.

She thinks it would be a great idea though.

She says they meet in 2 weeks so hopefully in 2 weeks i can start hunting there!!!! i cant wait :D

Offer to make them a display with some of the coins and other items you find.

The key is, give them something for allowing you the opportunity.

Best of luck, but I wouldn't be very optimistic. Older churches really don't like folks "snooping around". That being said, many churches have public recreations areas like sports fields, tot lots, etc which produce nice goodies as well. Best of luck on the permission :yes:

Best of luck, but I wouldn't be very optimistic. Older churches really don't like folks "snooping around". That being said, many churches have public recreations areas like sports fields, tot lots, etc which produce nice goodies as well. Best of luck on the permission :yes:

I spoke with two people and they were really excited about the idea.

I said (which is true) i am interested in preserving history and anything i find related to the church i will donate so we can have a display :)

I said i am interested in old coins mainly.

One thing i can to is this will be virgin grounds, they have never had metal detectors on their land.

I have high hopes :)

Back
Top Bottom