Google Maps

azdirtdigger

Elite Member
Anyone use Goolge maps to save their research info?

I have not had a good way to save my research. This resulted in my spending about two hours yesterday trying to relocate an old hand dug well I had found a couple years ago. What a waste of detecting time. I came home and put together a private Google map to mark locations and store info. The maps are private if you make them private. It is also a great way to share info with others. You can keep it private and just share the web address with only those you want to. Below is a sample map I put together.

EXAMPLE MAP

And best of all, it's free.

Whats Google maps? :laughing:

Yeah man you need it. Mark the default parks overlay and you will be amazed. Download Google Earth.

Whats Google maps? :laughing:

Yeah man you need it. Mark the default parks overlay and you will be amazed. Download Google Earth.

You are missing the point. I have always used Google maps and Google Earth for research. Just hadn't thought about using a private map for storing information and locations I have found that don't necessarily show up on a map or Google Earth search.

Yeah it's a great idea especially to coordinate with hunting buddies in advance of a hunt.

Back
Top Bottom