asking permission

stikes

so i was doing some research because my at pro got sent back to garrett and came across a farm house within 5 minutes of my house. i checked it out and got an address and a phone number to the property. this house was built in 1752 so i want to get permission from the owner using the most positive method. cant imagine what i could find there. should i call, write a letter, or just make a stop at the house and knock on the door. what is everyones outtake on this matter. thanks

Just knock and ask, worse they can say is no. Don't tell them anything about the property etc, and don't mention the words dig, coins, treasure or gold.... just ask permission, be kind, and leave your detector in the car when you go to the door.

Good luck bud

first impressions are important and thats why its always best to ask in person. its much easier for a homeowner ta shoot ya down over the phone and just never reply to a letter or email. i know that i wouldn't feel comfortable giving permission for someone to be on my property if i've never met or atleast seen them in person.

Just knock and ask, worse they can say is no. Don't tell them anything about the property etc, and don't mention the words dig, coins, treasure or gold.... just ask permission, be kind, and leave your detector in the car when you go to the door.

Good luck bud

Good point. However you will want to mention that you will digging a small hole. If you don't tell them about digging, then how will they act when you start?

Good point. However you will want to mention that you will digging a small hole. If you don't tell them about digging, then how will they act when you start?

If you say the word dig, they automatically assume that you're going to "dig" their yard up. Say "probe" for the target or fill any small "plug" I make. :)

Back
Top Bottom