• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Makro Kruzer Auxiliary battery pics

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Have not had the chance to do more than a couple hunts with this machine due to the weather but wanted to take a chance to show the auxiliary battery pack and share some info on it.
The word that I received is the Battery "Pod" as well as the headphone adaptor cord is not included with the detector but will be available separately. Although I have no info on if they will offer a "Pro pack" but if they do I believe these items may be included.
The pack itself is waterproof like the detector. It sandwiches between the bottom stand and a second stand so whether you run the battery or not, your detector is kept off the ground. The bottom stand attaches via 2 thumb screws into recessed brass threaded inserts built into the upper stand. This all is mounted under the armrest.
Since the battery pack plugs into the headphone/charge port the engineers at Makro gave the user the ability to plug the waterproof headphones or the land headphone adaptor directly into the auxiliary battery pod.
The battery pack inside the pod is the same pack used in AT Pros so if you have an extra AT battery pack it will work in the Kruzer.
Also the RNB rechargeable battery for the AT Pro/AT Max fits perfectly in the pod and works great.
With the internal battery as well as the pod you can detect from sunlight to sundown with no worries of dead batteries.
Here are some pics of the set up. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. I am off work tomorrow and will take the time to post some performance related information.

Hey Chop, after seeing the new Kruzer commercial Makro posted, the guy had on DetectorPro headphones. Any chance you can check and see if the CTX phones are wired the same. Looks like it could be the same connector.

Hey Chop, after seeing the new Kruzer commercial Makro posted, the guy had on DetectorPro headphones. Any chance you can check and see if the CTX phones are wired the same. Looks like it could be the same connector.

I will be able to confirm this on Monday when my CTX3030 headphones arrive.
Here is a test I did do though, I took the Kruzer headphone adapter that goes from the machines 8 pin plug to the standard 1/4" headphone female jack and I plugged it into my CTX3030 waterproof headphone port. I then plugged in my standard Grey Ghost headphones with the 1/4" male plug and they worked with no issues. So I am fairly confident that the CTX3030 Gray Ghost headphones will work on the Kruzer but will make a post on Monday confirming such is the case.

Hey Choppa

Can i use this for the Equinox 800, the battery inside the handle is only warranted for 1 year , if it goes bad then it must be replaced at a ML repair shop, so if it goes bad , interested in hooking up a device by passing the battery for power

Can i use this for the Equinox 800, the battery inside the handle is only warranted for 1 year , if it goes bad then it must be replaced at a ML repair shop, so if it goes bad , interested in hooking up a device by passing the battery for power

Any power pack with a USB port should work on it Earl and then it should bypass the internal battery. When and if your battery goes dead you can run it on the external source for the rest of the season and then send it in for replacing the battery duirng the cold months

This has a screw in connector so it probably won't work with EQ.
You should be able to use any kind of back up rechargeable battery pack for electronics that has a USB plug.

I have to admit

ML got sneaky with the power cord, making it difficult to do this, and they say it has to be done at the dealer because it will void the 3 year warranty if you break the waterproof seal in the handle trying to replace the battery yourself :laughing:, Earl PS one end is a regular USB type, however the other end :roll:

Attachments

• P1000949.JPG
    P1000949.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 386
  • P1000950.JPG
    P1000950.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Here is a test I did do though, I took the Kruzer headphone adapter that goes from the machines 8 pin plug to the standard 1/4" headphone female jack and I plugged it into my CTX3030 waterproof headphone port. I then plugged in my standard Grey Ghost headphones with the 1/4" male plug and they worked with no issues. So I am fairly confident that the CTX3030 Gray Ghost headphones will work on the Kruzer but will make a post on Monday confirming such is the case.

Does the charging cable also use the same connector?

Did you get a chance to check your new headphones on the Kruzer?

Back
Top Bottom