Pinpointers with metal disc. ?

Rammjäger

Elite Member
It would be great to have pinpointers with disc.
Because this is what happens to me often: I get a non-iron signal but the pinpointer
shows multiple targets on the spot ,most of them are iron ! - all this in the same hole :roll:

Not sure why you wouldn't want to remove all metal from the hole.

It is sad that Sun Ray doesn't make their inline probes anymore. Between discontinued parts and Garrett pro-pointers, they couldn't justify making them anymore. When mine finally breaks, I am going to dissect it and build one from scratch.

Not sure why you wouldn't want to remove all metal from the hole.

It is sad that Sun Ray doesn't make their inline probes anymore. Between discontinued parts and Garrett pro-pointers, they couldn't justify making them anymore. When mine finally breaks, I am going to dissect it and build one from scratch.

When swinging and discriming out iron, if you go to dig a target and there is decayed rusted nail fragments in the hole, the pinpointer triggers on all the pieces. Even on little 2mm iron fragments, the pinpointer goes nuts (at least the Carrot on high sensitivity). It can be hard to find the actual target in scenarios like that.

Sometimes it helps to dig a little deeper and lay the dug dirt out and then pinpoint through the dug dirt. That way the target is out in the open and not "surrounded" anymore with the iron echoing off like in the hole.

When swinging and discriming out iron, if you go to dig a target and there is decayed rusted nail fragments in the hole, the pinpointer triggers on all the pieces. Even on little 2mm iron fragments, the pinpointer goes nuts (at least the Carrot on high sensitivity). It can be hard to find the actual target in scenarios like that.

Sometimes it helps to dig a little deeper and lay the dug dirt out and then pinpoint through the dug dirt. That way the target is out in the open and not "surrounded" anymore with the iron echoing off like in the hole.

Yep. This ^^. Might not be a problem for some folks, but for those of us who hunt in beds of rusty iron it would be a real time saver!. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom