Anyone make their own 2 piece travel handle for their scoop ?

madmikegolf

I was wondering if anyone made their own 2 piece travel handle that could fit in a carry on suit case ? I've seen some on the Internet for sale but the $145 price tag just for the handle is huge turn off. I only need to come up with a two piece handle....I already have the scoop part. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have. I used a fiberglass rake handle from Lowes/Home Depot. A 3/4-inch pvc pipe fits perfectly in side. Cut the handle in half. Cut an 18" piece of the pvc off and use it as an internal coupler. Use 4 screws total to attach the handle parts to the pvc coupler.

Use electrical tape to cover the connection to keep sand out.

Instead of a two piece, how about using a two to four foot painting roller pole?

The scoop Bucket

What about the scoop bucket??

Has anyone carried that on the plane in carry-on luggage? Do you think it may have problem going through security?

I have a water stainless steel bucket, 5 1/2" x 5" x 8" (long). fits in a carry-on.

HH

Ken

Has anyone carried that on the plane in carry-on luggage? Do you think it may have problem going through security?

I have a water stainless steel bucket, 5 1/2" x 5" x 8" (long). fits in a carry-on.

HH

Ken

I just made a travel scoop and will check it in with my regular luggage. Need space in my carry on for the detector!

I just finished one. Got a stainless tube off ebay

Attachments

• handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 219
  • handle2.jpg
    handle2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 211

HH

Ken

I do all the time. About 1/2 the time, it sails through while the other 1/2 security goes into minor freak-out and has me empty my backpack. They usually take it to a supervisor, bring it back with a smile and an "OK" and then apologize for making me go through the hassle.

This is only in-country Thailand on 3 different airline - Thai Airways, AirAsia and Thai Smile.

I do all the time. About 1/2 the time, it sails through while the other 1/2 security goes into minor freak-out and has me empty my backpack. They usually take it to a supervisor, bring it back with a smile and an "OK" and then apologize for making me go through the hassle.

This is only in-country Thailand on 3 different airline - Thai Airways, AirAsia and Thai Smile.

Thanks! You have friendly airlines in Thailand.
I wonder if it's the same for US airlines?

Ken

Back
Top Bottom