• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett Metal Detectors (Update..)

007tallguy

Elite Member
does anyone at Garrett Detectors follow the forums? :?:

after close to 2 months, i've finally received the replacement arm cuff for my ATP! yes, 2 months! :shock:
i best not say any more. :mad:

I personally think all the manufacturers have some form of mole on these boards. Its the fore front of user feedback for them.

Who needs surveys when everything is right here.

Sorry you had such a hassle. I just recently returned my GPP for warranty repair and it was 14 days from the time I dropped it in the mail to when it arrived back on my doorstep. I was pleasantly surprised actually.

You are definitely the exception to the norm... They have excellent service and have helped me promptly many times.... Hilda Bardales is who I communicate with.... Sorry you got the unlucky exception...

I believe it may have something to do with you being located in Canada. I do know Canadian customs is a pain and I have had packaged tied up there for a month or more.

You are definitely the exception to the norm... They have excellent service and have helped me promptly many times.... Hilda Bardales is who I communicate with.... Sorry you got the unlucky exception...

I believe it may have something to do with you being located in Canada. I do know Canadian customs is a pain and I have had packaged tied up there for a month or more.

i've heard/read so many great stories about their c/s, but sadly i can't add to it.

long story short, my initial email was for a part number, price and an address where i could sent the $$$ for a new cuff.
i didn't even know there was a Canadian rep, but i was immediately referred to her and my email was also forward on to her. she did contact me and wanted my mailing address "so we can send you a new cuff". emailing back and forth killed close to 2 weeks right there!
after waiting and waiting and even more waiting and not hearing from anyone, i emailed them BOTH (Canadian and US reps). close to another week and no response, so i forwarded that exact same email to both of them again!

i finally heard back from the US rep, she was very apologetic, didn't know why the Can rep didn't answer me back and she sent me the cuff, free of charge from her location. that was May 16th, but it's postmarked May 23rd. it doesn't look like customs was an issue, but Canada post did mess up a little bit at the sorting station and may have sent it to a town about 5 miles past where it should have gone, but the bigger issue originated before it even made it's way into the mail system.

i'm glad that i got the replacement part, happy that i got it free of charge, but what a hassle! i hate to think if i ever need any type of service work done to any of my garrett products.
the date of my first sent email is April 12th.......

believe me, this post is the "calm" me. another couple of days and i'd have been bashing. :yes:

does anyone at Garrett Detectors follow the forums? :?:

after close to 2 months, i've finally received the replacement arm cuff for my ATP! yes, 2 months! :shock:
i best not say any more. :mad:

Wow thats unheard of it took me 6 days from the time I sent a email to the time it was in my hand there cust service is outstanding in my book

Canada issue is my guess also. I can't purchase anything from Ebay(as an example) without adding a week+ for delivery time, and that doesn't add in the extension of time both ways if I was to even consider shipping something to Canada myself for service and then wait for a return. Duties bites!

Back
Top Bottom