Day 561 - In Honor of Tilton...

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
...C'mon down! You're the next contestant on "Is... It... Gold!"

I've made it a little easier than our island friend as I've cleaned it up a bit, but this is the ugliest d@mned "ring" I've ever found. Looks home-made and beat up. I'm not even sure it was intended to be a ring. The SovWOT uncovered it at about 10" in the wet. No markings other than a "D" on top. I haven't tested it yet and will post the results tomorrow. $2.61 rounded out the day. For some reason, I'm finding a lot of copper wire on our beaches.

Raider Regards,

R5

image.jpg

How about a better picture... it doesn't look like gold to me because of what looks like galvanic corrosion...

May be one of those earlobe stretchers:lol: Don't have any to show you because I throw them in the trash and wash my hands:lol:

How about a better picture... it doesn't look like gold to me because of what looks like galvanic corrosion...

And this for the guy who doesn't like stinky cheese...

image.jpg

One more... With my ring to compare color. 2.6 grams of pure ???

image.jpg

One more, after sitting in a wadding of Nevr-Dull overnight...

Sorry, photos/lighting aren't the best...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 234
Sure is ugly, its not a coin ring huh? Like does the D look like a D they put on coins for origin ID?

Sure is ugly, its not a coin ring huh? Like does the D look like a D they put on coins for origin ID?

Interesting perspective. It's a raised "D"... you can see in the lower right corner of the very close-up ("stinky cheese") photo. I imagine, if it were a coin ring and the "D" came from the coin, I would be able to make out other markings.

It is THE ugliest d@mned "ring" I've ever found. :laughing:

image.jpg

R5

I dont think any jeweler would make a ring for a finger like that, not even for extra pay..Thinking maybe part of a necklace, earing or anything other then a ring.
Congrats on the find.

Interesting perspective. It's a raised "D"... you can see in the lower right corner of the very close-up ("stinky cheese") photo. I imagine, if it were a coin ring and the "D" came from the coin, I would be able to make out other markings.

It is THE ugliest d@mned "ring" I've ever found. :laughing:

R5

lol :laughing: doesn't look like any coin ring I've ever made:

I actually think you're looking at something more like sailboat rigging or something like that:
HDWARE.JPG

Thanks for the honor! Haha. That thing is tiny, but I know they make baby rings. But, I am going to guess not a finger ring at all and some kind of brass ring for something? I hope it's gold though.

The more it was cleaned, the more it looked gold. Took it to a pawn shop and it made them look twice too. They cleaned it and then tested it for me. 14k didn't hold. 10k held a few flakes. Their guess was it is 8k at best. There's a reason the testing acids stop at 10k. So, again, no cheddar... just Swiss cheese! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom