Advertising

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
I hit a local beach today just for something to do. I was to lazy to get in since it was a bumpy out there so i decided to just hit some wet sand. These last few days really pushed up some loose sand. Thank goodness thou... i came across these advertising brass coins. They had been thrown up into the loose gray sand..... i suspect they had been thrown in the water. I got 11.... so im hoping he only had a dozen or im really going to dislike who ever did this.

Dew

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 311
High tone on the Xcal like a can lid. The first one i flipped over really caught my eye... i could see it was size of a silver dollar and had a dull gold look to it. When i found the second and third on down the line.... it was like ooooooooooo no how many of these thing were thrown in the water.

Dew

Cool tokens though..... hope he didn't have a big bag full to spread around.... Hey, maybe Itsaring's penny man made a trip over to this side with different type coins to throw off all the detectives out there..... Wait a minute, Imalooking2 is over here right now..... Hmmmmmm :laughing: Coincidence???:roll:

Rudy.... i would have preferred just finding 1. Apparently they do sell on freebay. This is a 2009 coin/token so it would be interesting to know how they ended up here. This wasnt last years coin so someone hung onto them.

Dew

Cool tokens though..... hope he didn't have a big bag full to spread around.... Hey, maybe Itsaring's penny man made a trip over to this side with different type coins to throw off all the detectives out there..... Wait a minute, Imalooking2 is over here right now..... Hmmmmmm :laughing: Coincidence???:roll:
If it was me it would be "Crack Kills" tokens. I found a bunch on the Gulf. :laughing: You have a couple Cliff. Keep them. They will be worth a quarter one day. :laughing: The token Dew found probably sounded like a quarter without any warble. I dug a bunch. I bet there are many more of your tokens out there Dew. I thought I got them all digging a couple dozen then I met a guy who said he dug about the same on the same beach. Maybe he was just checking me out after reading my post??? Never know the truth from some other hunters. :p

that was me Dew,,,,,just wait until you get in the water and start digging the 5,000 bbs I threw out there,,,,:laughing:jk,,,,,makes me think back to last year when I was hunting a spot and dug like 50 pennies in the same area and a guy told me that the day before someone throw 200 of them in the water for his kids to dive for,,,,,:wow:

I found 12 tokens from 1933 all on the same drop off at one beach. All are Chrysler tokens. This beach is a private one which the big 3 had a company picknic at. Didn't matter if you worked as an executive for Ford, Chevy, or Chrysler.

I gave a few away to friends and used them as a prize on here. I am sure they were great for that. Maybe you can do the same?

SD.... you might do some checking on yours. I have a 1933 ford token the first year they introduced the V8. 1933 they handed out various tokens for the Worlds Fair.... its likely yours is too.

I had that big penny spill last year too Tim... took me 3 days of digging.

I found a nice pair of sun glasses today as well and didnt think about them until a bit ago. Looked closely at them and they are Ray Ban Avaitor glasses from Italy....about $80. I had a better day than i thought. Maybe i should be lazy more often.

Dew

Mine was given to the dealers. It was to get the dealers to find a way to make more money for service. There was a filmstrip on it online that Chrysler put out BUT the person took it down.

I'll trade one of mine for one of yours if your interested. I still have plenty.

PM me your addy id swap one NP. Like you who needs that many of them....apparently the guy that threw them didnt.:laughing:

Dew

Back
Top Bottom