Gold pull tabs....

slicktn

Don't you just love the gold color "Diet Coke" pull tabs? I have found more than my fair share of these!! :laughing: You dig and dig :digginahole: and you see gold and your thinking :whoohoo: but alas..... just a pull tab!! :laughing:
Anybody else have this experience?

I had that same thing happen to me yesterday! i was out testing my newly repaired Delta 400 and hit on a nickel signal. dug down a few inches a saw a hint of gold peeking out from the dirt. I dug extra carefully around it with my Leshe coin scratcher only to discover it was a pull tab.

I haven't found a golden tab yet; but I have had similar short-lived excitement. Recently, I uncovered a golden hued coin that raised my heart rate. It turned out to be a Sacagawea dollar. Better than a golden tab, I suppose; but a let down from my initial excitement.

My gf was making fun of all the ones I found, and I said "Don't laugh. I'm just looking for one that'll fit your finger." hahaha

The 14K ring I found a month ago I thought was a pull tab..
No heart pumping till I pulled it out and realized what I had.. You dig hundreds so you're not expecting 14k, and then finally there it is..
Worth every dig..
Sonny

napp - a Sacagawea is definitely better than a pull tab!!
parrothead - you are correct!
sonny - I have dug hundreds of pull tabs, thats why I thought I might have stumbled upon a ring.....:laughing:

i had that same thing happen to me yesterday! I was out testing my newly repaired delta 400 and hit on a nickel signal. Dug down a few inches a saw a hint of gold peeking out from the dirt. I dug extra carefully around it with my leshe coin scratcher only to discover it was a pull tab.

............. Laughing_Mouse.gif

If anyone remembers the '7Up' Gold drink it also had a gold pulltab. Was back in early '90's and was a spicy apple sort of flavored soda. Caffiene Free Diet Coke also has had gold tabs.

Same thing happen to me. I saw gold a was getting ready to do a dance (not really) but man it was a shocker.

I have never seen these, didn't even know they existed. As if pulling a tab isn't enough of a bummer sometimes, I can only imagine getting excited over the color and THEN pulling the tab!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom