Food cart/truck

TheCoilist

Elite Member
Still considering a food cart/truck for a business. I know there were a few operators here. I wondered what you guys serve in your carts or trucks and what you estimate your expense to operate is and what your ROI is usually?

I’m trying to estimate start up costs and monthly intake.

I have a real money making idea for a food truck! See, whatcha do is, pull up and pipe out some wonderful aromas like any ordinary food truck, take a whole lot of orders from the hungry people, lets say 10 to 20, cash only of course, at a minimum of $10 per....then after taking their money and order, you instruct them wait off to the side for the preparation/delivery, then.... you just start up the truck and simply drive away without serving any food at all!! I mean hey!...Pure profit with no inventory expenses! Thats the whole point to being mobile! :laughing::laughing:

Still considering a food cart/truck for a business. I know there were a few operators here. I wondered what you guys serve in your carts or trucks and what you estimate your expense to operate is and what your ROI is usually?

I’m trying to estimate start up costs and monthly intake.

I often though that would be a great idea , my wife on the other hand not so much. :laughing:

Haha well I got the wife’s approval to move forward. I live in a rural area, but just outside of a town with a state university. And another state university is about 45 min the other direction. We have tons of fairs and markets, etc.

Currently only one other hotdog “cart” in the area and he is at a fixed location in a hardware store parking lot for the summer.

Sounds like the permits would be the biggest hurdle. I would think the biggest thing would to be realistic about what it might REALLY cost to get up and running and not get caught short stacked...

Our town had a Food Truck Fantasy yesterday in the park. There were about 20 trucks but my camera batteries died before I got pictures of the rest.

Attachments

• DSCN0775.jpg
    DSCN0775.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN0777.jpg
    DSCN0777.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN0776.jpg
    DSCN0776.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 126
Back
Top Bottom