Question about AT Pro/headphones

bowyorang

Hi everyone! I used to do a little detecting but haven't in a few years and now I'd like to get a new detector. Looks like I have about made my mind up to get the AT pro. I do have a question about the headphones that come with it though....the detector is waterproof to 10 feet but are the supplied headphones? I won't necessarily be diving with them but if I'm wadding a creek and they fall in will they be ok?
Thanks!

Hi everyone! I used to do a little detecting but haven't in a few years and now I'd like to get a new detector. Looks like I have about made my mind up to get the AT pro. I do have a question about the headphones that come with it though....the detector is waterproof to 10 feet but are the supplied headphones? I won't necessarily be diving with them but if I'm wadding a creek and they fall in will they be ok?
Thanks!

Yes, if they fell in the water they would be okay... but you really don't want to submerge them for any length of time.

If I can help you with the purchase of your new AT Pro, let me know.

Yes, if they fell in the water they would be okay... but you really don't want to submerge them for any length of time.

If I can help you with the purchase of your new AT Pro, let me know.

Thanks! That's kind of what I figured with them but wanted to make sure.
Still putting a list together of what all I'm wanting but I may holler at you.

I used mine for water hunting heavy for three years before they gave up the ghost..

<°)))>{

I never water hunted with them but I did use them through quite a few rainstorms with absolutely no issues. Good choice! HH!

... I did use them through quite a few rainstorms with absolutely no issues. Good choice! HH!

+1

My stock headphones have never been fully submerged, but have been through some pretty serious rain as well, and are still working just fine.

You'll love the AT Pro. I know I do!! :yes:

You can look at it like this...

The blue Garrett ones sound terrible, and are waterproof..

The stock ones sound fine, but after a while might die..

At $60 for the stock, I'd rather take my chances because I've found a ton of gold with them..

<°)))>{

Yeah, just follow the posts of the AtPro daily end users...some use the blacks in the water and some use the blues...Some use aftermarket GG's and the like...

Its hard to give you a solid answer....All of our hearing is different. I bought my rig off a Forum Sponsor, they came with the blacks and I added on the blues on the same transaction...

So I took the blacks, cut off the G plug and soldered on a 90 degree right angle jack and used them on an alternate rig from a different mfg even...They work great on account of you got the stereo volumn adjustment so you can get the proper audio balance...I like the blues too though, even though they dont have that audio balance adjust feature, I have used them for years with no trouble...they stop me dead over a target with a hard volumn...

Phones are VERY important! This is an Audio Primary Sport! You cant find things if you cant hear them, and like I said, everybodies hearing is different. It sometimes takes a while to find the right phones for YOU! You gotta be confident with whatever way you go though...

All this said, theres massive gold/silver found by guys running just the stock blacks...so hey...dont know if this helps you or not...Big Gold found with the stock blacks all the time, so right out of the box you are not missing much if anything regarding the stock phones...
Mud

Thanks for comments and information guys. I was also wondering about the blue waterproof ones. Glad to know about the sound quality. Also thought about the grey ghost earphones but I may have to wait on something like that till I find my buried treasure. ;)

Grey ghost amphibians is what I used as my everyday headphones when I had my at pro tones are better than the factory ones but they do sound different but are crisp sounding the way to go imo.

Going into the 4th year using my AT Pro with the stock earphones I stand behind their tone and quality 100%.
I have never used them for submerged water hunting, but I am in Washingtn state, and our motto here is "If it can't be done in the rain, it can't be done in Washington".
They have been pretty well doused with water (rain) with no obvious bad consequences.
I will be contacting Garrett shortly though because the vinyl covers for the earpiece padding is getting pretty badly cracked from age and use.

AT Pro/GPP-AT/Fiskars Diggers

It's season 2 with the Pro. Rain isn't a problem. Never took a dip with them though.

My hunting buddy has 5 seasons on his Pro and just switched over to a set of Jolly Roger phones. He says they are a big improvement.

Back
Top Bottom