• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Metal Detector and Accessories on plane

dirtfishintheSW

Monday December 3 I am flying back to Arizona. What all do I need to know about carrying my digging tool and batteries along with the detector onto the plane. I figure digging tool and batteries need to go into the checked bags, and I was wanting to pack the detector itself as carry on. At least the control box part of it.

What advice do y'all have that have traveled by plane with your detector have for me?

Thanks in advance if the info.

GL & HH

Have travel with detectors in carryon, american airlines prefers electronic equip in carry on, batteries must be outside uninstalled, and not in your checked bags. If I remember currently lithium is a no. Check airlline requirements for batteries.

Have travel within the U:S: and outside to Panama with no problems, the only thing I didnt like, was inspectors, took everything out and just piled it back in.

I have travelled with the ace 250 and GPP. No problems, other than the TSA agent starring at the GPP after taking it out of my carry on and hitting the on button and putting it too close to metal. That made some heads turn!!! Lucky I didn't get carted away after that one! lollol :)

I've been various times with detectors in carryons. No problems there, just take the batts out. As for the digger... in the hold please.

i will put digger in checked baggage for sure. break down etrac and put in a bag that is just big enough to hold it with pillow wrapped around control box for protection for carry on. i think i should be good like that. i'll be flying united from starting in tyler, tx then to houston then to denver then to phoenix

been search the web also about flying with a MD. found some good info.

I think there should be a section on the forum about traveling (flying) with your MD gear or maybe just have a sticky in this section on the subject to make it easy for people who plan to travel with their MD to find the information they are looking for. I'm gonna gather up some of the information i found and post it and maybe an admin will see and make it a sticky. it may take me a little bit as i forgot to bookmark the pages. but i'll get one started soon.

GL & HH everyone

Back
Top Bottom