• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

** Good Old Sovereign GT **

meggie

Elite Member
I've had a few issues with my Nox. 800 The machine keeps trying to start-up and then just shuts down.
Also, I have lost the low grunt when in all iron .. now it's just an annoying high tone.
I tried rolling back the new version to 1.75, tried a different coil and did numerous re-sets.it has been sent back to Minelab, it looks like I may get a replacement.

So I dug out my old Sovereign GT and charged her up.

Plenty of sand on the beaches today, dug heaps of pull-tabs, a few coins and this 9ct gold ring (minus its stone)

It actually felt good to be swinging this machine again, I have lots of fond memories with it .. especially all the gold rings that it found!

Attachments

• 20191015_154630_002.jpg
    20191015_154630_002.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 763
Congrats on the Gold!! My Nox did the exact same thing last week with un-commanded start up and shut down. I had not downloaded the new software yet so I downloaded and completed a full charge. I have about 8 hours on it since and I haven't had a problem since. Strange problem for sure, hope you get yours fixed

:dingding: Glad to see that the tried and true worked for you. I am still not a big fan of all the digital stuff.

Yup. As annoying as the sounds of the Excal and Sov had, I still have fond memories of them too.

My first detector was the Minelab GT. I was disappointed that six months after I purchased Minelab discontinued it. The Gt is still my dirt fishing machine. I am too old to try learning a new machine.

Sweet gold! Congrats! Sorry to hear about the Nox troubles. Hope those get rectified soon. I was looking for a used GT before the Nox came out...still sorta would like one.

Quick turn around from the Minelab service centre, just 4 days there & back .. brand new control pod.
The guy said he could hear a rattle inside,he thinks the battery has come loose. Also, the pinpoint button is definitely faulty.
He said there is no way of taking them to bits and Minelab just prefers to replace faulty units.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 451
Back
Top Bottom