Detectorists Series 3 confirmed

Series 3 has just recently finished here on the BBC. In my opinion it was brilliant. The sad thing is, there will be no fourth series. :( :( :(

There is talk of a possible film though.

YES. I love that britt comedy. 50% of my DNA reads England 10% Scott Irish. They're my "Peeps".

Did i miss something or did they say only 6 episodes will be filmed? I hope they make alot more . Good show and the wife actually enjoyed watching it with me.

I hope nobody minds me reviving this thread ?, but I just came across this
clip again. It brought a tear to my eye.
You can see the original Alfred Jewel in the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford.
It's beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbvfpns2LAg

Don’t mind at all! Absolutely love the series! I own the full series on DVD (wife got it for me last Christmas). But I haven’t finished watching it yet...it’s one of those things that I enjoy it so much, I hate to watch the last episodes, knowing it’ll be the end. Embarrassingly silly, but true! :D

I had no idea about the Alfred Jewel, or that Lance’s find was modeled after an actual gold relic...very cool detail for the show! And I just looked up the real deal - pretty stunning!

They need to make an American spin-off version, maybe using some forum members :lol:
thedetectoristskenmud.jpg

No longer on Netflix.

The first two seasons are currently available for Amazon Prime members for free through their streaming service. For some reason they don't have the third season yet.

I know what I will be watching from the beginning again starting tonight. Absolutely loved this series. There is an extra Christmas episode I think after season 2 that doesn't come up with all searches so make sure to check for it.

Acorn TV has all 3 seasons as well as the Christmas special and promo videos.
It is $5.99 per month. They even have a 1-week free trial. It is commercial free.

Hulu also has all 3 seasons. The Roku channel also has all 3 seasons but is not commercial free.

It looks Prime has seasons 1 &2 for free but season 3 shows $1.99 per episode

Filmrise and Favesome Movies have seasons 1 & 2 for free.

Don’t mind at all! Absolutely love the series! I own the full series on DVD (wife got it for me last Christmas). But I haven’t finished watching it yet...it’s one of those things that I enjoy it so much, I hate to watch the last episodes, knowing it’ll be the end. Embarrassingly silly, but true! :D

I had no idea about the Alfred Jewel, or that Lance’s find was modeled after an actual gold relic...very cool detail for the show! And I just looked up the real deal - pretty stunning!

Oh, so it's a scripted series? That clip is the first I've seen of it. I just assumed it was a reality show. When I started detecting a couple of years ago I didn't know it had taken off as a thing on youtube or anything about the Diggers tv show. I lost my wedding ring, started finding things around my yard, and kept at it. I was detecting in my yard and somebody asked me about the Diggers TV show and I had no idea what they were talking about. (I don't have cable.) Sometime later I ended up seeing an episode when I was staying in a hotel room and cringed.

Back
Top Bottom