Hey guys/gals intro here

Plosterd

Hey all, so I'm new here obviously. Just wanted to say hi and get involved in this awesome community. I've been lurking and researching quite a bit. I had a metal detector (no idea what kind) when I was ten and like all things nice at that age I of course lost/destroyed/broke it somehow don't recall. Well fast forward a few decades I'm 29 and about to have a baby and wanted to get a hobby to get me and kiddo out doors when she gets here. I'm envisioning the like dad baby strapped to the belly or back set -up while I'm swinging. I researched a ton and decided to get an ace 400 for my budget and the bundle it seemed like the best deal. I got 55 year anniversary bundle with AT Pro pointer head phones a case and shovel for 400$ on amazon. I live in the middle of missouri so I'm hoping for some civil war relics or old coins ideally but I'll hit up the creek swimming holes for some treasure soon hopefully. So far I've had it three days and been to the park and riverfront. 2 dimes and 9 pennies and countless bottle caps and pull tabs I'm slowly learning lol. I love it so far. If you can reccommend any tips for the ace 400, good places to go in missouri, groups to join, anything at alll I'm all ears.

Thanks for the long read.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

I'm not personally familiar with the Ace 400 but found a youtube video that might help, this is part one, I think it goes to at least part 3 -

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome. You have a great unit to learn the ins and outs of metal detecting and you certainly came to the right MD forum.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to upgrade to a more expensive detector.

But when you finally do choose to upgrade you have many options and should be able to figure out which is best your type of hunting by reading and asking questions on the forum.

Thanks all, GKL I watched every video I could find lol. The thing I'm realizing is there are so many variables in what kind of number your detector throws up. I had my sensitivity at 2 bars from max and found bottle caps at 2-6 inches and they ranged from 40-82 pretty consistently lol. I'd swing and hit 79-83 in one place turn on iron audio to make sure no grunting and get to digging thinking for sure I had a penny or something. Nope, pull tab lol. Maxxkatt it was a coint toss between getting the equinox 600 with no pin pointer or anything, or getting the ace 400 with a really good pin pointer and all the bells and whistles.

Welcome to a neat hobby, and one which it should be easy to share with your daughter. I have on occasion had great fun when nieces or nephews were younger by going out in my yard and helping them find some coins. THe area may have been “seeded” a bit, but boy did the finds bring a smile to their faces.

Back
Top Bottom