• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

It's been a long time! Weekend finds.

Silver King

Well....I haven't posted here for a good 2 years but decided to do so encouraged by a buddy of mine since I did so well with finds over the weekend. So here goes.

Did stupid well on Silver this weekend and by stupid I mean I was called the Quarter Hoarder by my buddy since he didn't get any and for some reason I got them all. He kind of got tired of coming over and hearing the signals from them but at least he knows they were there and he had a chance at finding one at the sites we tried. All but one was 8"+ except with one being about 3" deep. Anyways....this was the reason I decided to post the finds. It's crazy sometimes how a person can hunt with someone else and if your looking to find specific items the other guy finds them.

Finds are from Southern Minnesota with most from Iowa.

Silver total was 19 for the weekend which is a crazy amount for public areas but I worked hard for it. 1 Barber Quarter dated 1909-D and 6 Washington along with 3 Barber Dimes (best being an 1897-S), 3 Merc's and 6 Roosevelt's. The Barber Quarter was accompanied by the 1917 Merc and the 1912 Barber Dime in one hole thus why those three look white...that was a fun hole to dig (another reason to post my finds).

Also dug were 2 Indian Heads, 28 Wheats (best was a 1913-D), 1 Canadian Penny, a No Cash Value Token, a 1959 Jefferson Nickel, a Religious Token, a 1952 2 Groschen Foreign Coin, a Captain Midnight Spinner Token and 2 25c Golden Flood Tokens. Buddy found the $1 and $5 of this token.

Misc. stuff included a few Keys, Pocket Knife, 1959 Dog Tag, a couple of Pins (favorite is the Oriental figure), couple of Buttons, a shot Bullet, an old Henry Casing, an old Watch, tube of Lip Stick and a Minnesota Weights & Measures Tag.

Well, that does it for the finds and hope everyone is doing well and hope you got out and made some great finds over the weekend. Thanks for looking and Best of Luck to you in the field. Silver King.

Attachments

• Dirty Silver.jpg
    Dirty Silver.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 327
  • Cleaned Silver.jpg
    Cleaned Silver.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 310
  • Coins.jpg
    Coins.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 301
  • Misc..jpg
    Misc..jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 272
Thanks Lee1968. Research is key in finding sites that still have finds like these still waiting to be unearthed. Best of Luck in your hunts.

Wow wow wow!!! Lots of GREAT looking silvers and other goodies. Don't see any nickels in there though... you've been the "Quarter Hoarder" now, so you might have to work on being the "Nickel Nibbler" your next time out!:lol:

You would think that place was a virgin spot based on the finds, some really nice hunting, congrats!
Multiple locations with only 3 or 4 of them producing multiple finds, that is why you must research the area your going to so you have that many more chances at finding a site that hasn't been hit as hard as others. Thanks for the reply. Silver King.

Only 1 Nickel that was older and my buddy didn't get any either which was very strange since he really knows how to find a ton of them. Someone likes digging Nickels and was hoping to dig a couple Buffalo's myself. Thanks for looking. Silver King.

Thanks Buellride. Outings like this are fun and makes a person want more days like this. Best of Luck on your outings. Silver King.

nice show. Everyone here enjoys a good show & tell, so don't be a stranger.

Even if you wait for *just* a key-date older show (and hold off on the common silver), that's fine. But if you do get that rare CC quarter, we expect a post ! :D

Thanks Tom in CA, sure is fun to make finds like these and share them with others. Will try and post more in the future. Best of Luck on your outings.

That's quite an amazing return to the forum! You absolutely killed it. Very Nice. Congrats.

Pardon me while I try to get my slack jaw back in place! That's an incredible result for a weekend of hunting. Congratulations on the outstanding success.

That was an awesome weekend!!! Congratulations!!

I must ask, what did you use to get the black off of the coins. I found a standing liberty quarter that looked like that, and the only thing that got it off was tumbling... which utterly killed me to do☹️, but it turned out 👍🏻

Thank you all for the compliments on my latest finds. I appreciate it and hope you too find spots like this to hunt and bring home some goodies for the collections. Never give up and never go out thinking your not going to find much....that will increase the odds of you not finding stuff like this. Best of Luck and HH! Silver King.

I think it's safe to say that the amount of old coinage you found is incredible! ;) That 1912 Barber dime has a really pretty patina, and I especially like the Acts 16:31 token. And, welcome back to the forum!

Back
Top Bottom