• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Member in SW New Mexico searching for a New Forum

ditlihi

PLEASE tell me I won't be inundated by Ads and members making 100's of nonsensical posts every day selling bumperstickers. I sorely need a break. I just left another forum after 10 years of membership due to the above. I need a new home, and I see several other former members have found one here. Can I come in to play?? :tumbleweed:

Welcome to the forum. I was one of the first to report the ad problems and it’s still going on over there. I’ve been a charter member for years and I’m not getting what I paid for, “no ads for charter members”!
I like this forum cause you get a break in most of the drama I find on the other forums.
Hope you like it here and good luck!
Rusty

Thank you Rusty! I can't believe what has happened to that place, it's so sad. That ship has been listing for quite awhile now due to poor moderation and a lack of oversight by the owners, I guess they decided to just blow a hole in the deck and get it over with. They used to have over 1000 posts a day there, now it's closer to 100 (if you don't count the 100+ nonsensical posts by the bumpersticker salesman pumping up the post count). The lack of concern for member complaints by admin, and moderators who have no one to answer to for their poor performance, have combined to cost them their viability as a forum. Members have left in droves. I finally joined the Exodus. The ads were the last straw.

Looking forward to a more welcoming and vibrant community here. Thank you so much for the Welcome!

oyCkqWyl.jpg

Last edited:
.... I just left another forum after 10 years of membership due to the above. ....

.....still going on over there. I’ve been a charter member for years and I’m not getting what I paid for,.....

.... That ship has been listing for quite awhile now due to poor moderation and a lack of oversight by the owners, ....

Are you guys at liberty to say which forum you're referring to ? :?: And are the "non-sensical posts" you're referring to, along the lines of magic wands and ghost story treasure legends ?

Tom, Darlin', there you are! Wondered where you wandered off to. :)

You know exactly which forum we are speaking of, lol. And the nonsensical posts are the ones made purely to flash the member's " T*** Bumperstickers For Sale " ad in his signature. It now has an annoying flashing red "Still Available" at the top. A_Hundred+_Times_A_Day sigh :no:

Welcome ditlihi! Where abouts in s/w New Mexico? I have an old Navy buddy who was/is from Tyron/Silver City area.

Hey Ron, good to see you here! At the moment I am very near Silver City, Deming area. Out on the trail, heading for the Cooke's soon.

QvTu9K7l.jpg

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

It is my understanding any ads of members selling stuff are restricted to the "classifieds" section, so you won't see those unless you choose to look at that section.

Also the mods here are very good at doing their job and keeping this forum living up to it's name - The FRIENDLY metal detecting forum :lol: - people can disagree and have their own opinions, but they need to keep it polite and not make it personal or the mods will step in.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Tom, Darlin', there you are! Wondered where you wandered off to. :)

You know exactly which forum we are speaking of, lol. ....

Ok, thanx for clarifying. My "wandering off" was a ban. The moderators (well, at least one of them) is quite partial to magic wands and treasure-legends (especially one in particular, that gets "most-favored-nation-status").

Only affirming view allowed. So you have to tread VERY carefully if you poke fun at treasure legends or magic wands. "More plausible explanations" are not allowed. Kind of sad. A part of the cross-education among md'rs is to hear both the pro's and con's of a notion. Eh ? Not just the 'pro' notion.

Oh well, no such nonsense here. Welcome aboard.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

It is my understanding any ads of members selling stuff are restricted to the "classifieds" section, so you won't see those unless you choose to look at that section.

Also the mods here are very good at doing their job and keeping this forum living up to it's name - The FRIENDLY metal detecting forum :lol: - people can disagree and have their own opinions, but they need to keep it polite and not make it personal or the mods will step in.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Hi Gary, and thank you very much for the Welcome!

It was my understanding that the same rule applied on the other forum, unfortunately the rules only seem to apply to certain members over there. It will be refreshing to be able to view this forum without having to endure endless advertising and having to scroll through page after page of nonsensical posts just to find something interesting.

As for opinions, I have no problem conversing on any given subject without having to agree with its subject matter. The problem arises when I am attacked and moderated for simply having a dissenting view. I don't need a moderator telling me I have to agree or get out either. Lol. If I find that a member and I will never be able to come to an agreement, or agree to disagree in those instances, I merely leave them to their opinion and move on to greener pastures. It's called self control, simple really. ;)

Ok, thanx for clarifying. My "wandering off" was a ban. The moderators (well, at least one of them) is quite partial to magic wands and treasure-legends (especially one in particular, that gets "most-favored-nation-status").

Only affirming view allowed. So you have to tread VERY carefully if you poke fun at treasure legends or magic wands. "More plausible explanations" are not allowed. Kind of sad. A part of the cross-education among md'rs is to hear both the pro's and con's of a notion. Eh ? Not just the 'pro' notion.

Oh well, no such nonsense here. Welcome aboard.

Really? Well, you can poke fun at me any day of the week. Treasure Legends are my Forte, for or against. I may just ignore you, lol, but fair warning.... I can rattle cages with the best of them. ;) But of course, you already knew that, dint ya.

What's a debate without Pro's and Con's? Sheesh. If all I wanted was a room full of 'Converts' I would start a blog. :shrug:

4x8biRjl.jpg

Hi Gary, and thank you very much for the Welcome!

It was my understanding that the same rule applied on the other forum, unfortunately the rules only seem to apply to certain members over there. It will be refreshing to be able to view this forum without having to endure endless advertising and having to scroll through page after page of nonsensical posts just to find something interesting.

As for opinions, I have no problem conversing on any given subject without having to agree with its subject matter. The problem arises when I am attacked and moderated for simply having a dissenting view. I don't need a moderator telling me I have to agree or get out either. Lol. If I find that a member and I will never be able to come to an agreement, or agree to disagree in those instances, I merely leave them to their opinion and move on to greener pastures. It's called self control, simple really. ;)

Good attitude !!!! (I like the "agree to disagree" if ever needed) :thumbsup:

There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people on the forum who are glad to help others, especially the noobs, plenty of good info in past threads to search too, and while there might be a few rare exceptions, most people here have a great sense of humor and that makes the hobby even more fun !

Really? Well, you can poke fun at me any day of the week. Treasure Legends are my Forte, for or against. I may just ignore you, lol, but fair warning.... I can rattle cages with the best of them. ;) But of course, you already knew that, dint ya.

What's a debate without Pro's and Con's? Sheesh. If all I wanted was a room full of 'Converts' I would start a blog. :shrug:

Nothing wrong with a healthy (friendly :lol:) debate, and as far as "rattling cages" it would be fun to see you and Tom have fun trying to "rattle" each other's cages :lol: Tom has a good sense of humor too, I wonder how many noobs initially look like :shock: when he mentions his 30% fee to detect in California :laughing:

Good attitude !!!! (I like the "agree to disagree" if ever needed) :thumbsup:

There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people on the forum who are glad to help others, especially the noobs, plenty of good info in past threads to search too, and while there might be a few rare exceptions, most people here have a great sense of humor and that makes the hobby even more fun !

I am SO glad to hear that! I tend to not take life too seriously, myself most of all. Lol. Life is too short to kiss ugly....umm....I mean.....oh heck, never mind. :D

Nothing wrong with a healthy (friendly :lol:) debate, and as far as "rattling cages" it would be fun to see you and Tom have fun trying to "rattle" each other's cages :lol: Tom has a good sense of humor too, I wonder how many noobs initially look like :shock: when he mentions his 30% fee to detect in California :laughing:

LOL! Tom and I have crossed swords many a time, and we still shake hands. He likes to pound his opponents into silence.....but anyone can tell you I never shut up, lol, so he's got his work cut out for him. Bring it on! :D

I am SO glad to hear that! I tend to not take life too seriously, myself most of all. Lol. Life is too short to kiss ugly....umm....I mean.....oh heck, never mind. :D

LOL! Tom and I have crossed swords many a time, and we still shake hands. He likes to pound his opponents into silence.....but anyone can tell you I never shut up, lol, so he's got his work cut out for him. Bring it on! :D

…..looks like Tom has a challenge, should be fun as Tom has a great sense of humor too :laughing:

PLEASE tell me I won't be inundated by Ads and members making 100's of nonsensical posts every day selling bumperstickers. I sorely need a break. I just left another forum after 10 years of membership due to the above. I need a new home, and I see several other former members have found one here. Can I come in to play?? :tumbleweed:

Welcome to our forum! All we ask is that you read and abide by our few rules and enjoy yourself. ;)

Are you guys at liberty to say which forum you're referring to ? :?: And are the "non-sensical posts" you're referring to, along the lines of magic wands and ghost story treasure legends ?

Tom, we'd rather the other forum's name remain unsaid. No need to bad mouth another forum here.

Welcome from Alabama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.... Bring it on! :D

Ok then : Here's the topic/question :

"What is the best dowsing rod or LRL, to use, at the Dent's Run cemetery graveyard , for the most-certainly-there gold bars, that are stacked-like-cordwood to the vault's ceiling , that the FBI stole from me ?"

:laughing:

Ok then : Here's the topic/question :

"What is the best dowsing rod or LRL, to use, at the Dent's Run cemetery graveyard , for the most-certainly-there gold bars, that are stacked-like-cordwood to the vault's ceiling , that the FBI stole from me ?"

:laughing:

This detector. I hear it works better if you first spread a little peanut butter on their fingers. :shrug:

njpr4Smm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom