Park Path Tear-Outs Are Awesome

ace250

One of the parks here was replacing some of the walking paths. I was able to get out a few times last month and swing over the dirt. I found most of the coins in the piles of dirt next to the path, not so much in the path - just in case you find a path tear out and are short on time, this worked for me.

Didn't get most of the finds on video, but these shots were pretty awesome and thought you would find cool. Barely had to dig!

One of the parks here was replacing some of the walking paths. I was able to get out a few times last month and swing over the dirt. I found most of the coins in the piles of dirt next to the path, not so much in the path - just in case you find a path tear out and are short on time, this worked for me.

Didn't get most of the finds on video, but these shots were pretty awesome and thought you would find cool. Barely had to dig!

Nice work...

I did sort of the opposite... one park was going to build a walking path and had the entire length marked with tiny flags stuck in ground. So I swung just in that area and right outside it the weekend before they started work and found several dollars in clad. Didn't get to go back while they had the dirt piled up and not sure what they did with it afterwards as its not piled anywhere now. It's a great idea to watch the newspaper for mentions of new sidewalk construction I discovered.

Nice finds. What was that "ring" looking thing to the right of the IH at about 1:10?

Great finds! Thanks for the tip for those of us who don't know that fresh dug dirt usually puts detectorists in a frenzy! :) Uhg! I've had to pass so much fresh dug stuff in my town this summer for various reasons. GL and HH. Matt

Good huntin'.. Just this year I discovered the joy of hunting construction & tearouts.. It was very rewarding and it keeps you on high alert when driving anywhere.. Gotta be quick though.. They finish some of that stuff quick!

Good huntin'.. Just this year I discovered the joy of hunting construction & tearouts.. It was very rewarding and it keeps you on high alert when driving anywhere.. Gotta be quick though.. They finish some of that stuff quick!
Thanks and no kidding about keeping your eyes open. It can be frustrating when they lay down new pavement too quickly!

Back
Top Bottom