Nel Thunder coil wire multimeter readings

beachdude

Elite Member
I bought a NEL Thunder coil for my Excal and hooked it up. In my workshop in air tests I am finding that it can't maintain a stable threshold in discriminate but is quite stable in pinpoint mode.

I am following their & OBNs pinout guides but I am now wondering if I might have made a mistake and connected the wrong wires together anyway as all the wires coming out of the NEL coil are black.

Is there a way to test those black wires coming out of the NEL coil with a multi-meter to determine which is which?

NEL sent me this diagram:

excalibur-thunder.jpg

How do I measure resistance with a meter on the coil wires themselves? I am not really sure I understand this...

RX to RX would be 1 milli-ohm TX to TX would be 2-3 Ohms Did your coil wires come all black and labled? Or 2 gray, 2 bare? If you have all black wires, They are labled 1,2,3,4 You just have to take enough of the cable jacket off to see all the numbers. They are hard to see..

Try this.......

Lay a target down and run the coil over it in PP. If you get a solid hit with the target dead center then your hooked up correct. If it hits on the out side hoop of the coil and goes silent when the center crosses over the target you need to swap the RX n TX.

Thanks all. I will try these steps. The wires are all black at first glance I will take my loop to them to see if they have any markings at all.

Let us know what you find. Tony Eisenhower used one for awhile but I think went back to a stock coil.

Good luck, i hope you get it running smoothly and tell us what you did after so we have that knowledge on the books.

Back
Top Bottom