My first eagle button.

triplehooked

Elite Member
I'm sure many of you folks down south find these all the time. But it's a real treat for me to dig one here in Michigan. It looks to me like a general service enlisted man's eagle button, but any confirmation would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to proper id of these type of relics! I also found a wanna be gold coin button. Both items at a long gone school site. This was an hour well spent in my book!! Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_2014121928564.jpg
    IMG_2014121928564.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2014121920884.jpg
    IMG_2014121920884.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 228
Congrats man!

Your first eagle is in great shape...a real beauty. Most of the ones I dig down in the area me and you discussed, usually fall apart in your hands.

Again, thank you for the kind words, guys. I was hoping it would still have the shank. But if that were the case, it probably wouldn't have been lost... I'm very happy with the condition though. Now the next time I head down home to Ky to visit, I need to find it a confederate companion....lol.

Nice button. I remember my first button. I found it on my first relic hunt. I was hooked and it sure did get my heart a pumping.

Hey Triple, long time no see. Eagles are hard to find here but they are here. Soldiers and scouts hit this land hard also before and after the civil war. I have an infantry button I found here and a flat US button from 1820's from Fort Gratiot.

Glad your out finding things still. Good Luck this year.

Back
Top Bottom